UVI Relayer: Precision Creative Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relayer

I just discovered this one, seems to be everything I wished, will try it when I get home but man I hate to have missed the intro offer. Now I will have to wait for blackfriday.

By the way: does it still have huge CPU spikes?
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:By the way: does it still have huge CPU spikes?
Well, not quite spikes, but still can be slightly hungry for cpu (mainly through use some IR`s, from Room section for example, and during work Redux FX algo), but generally the situation now much better than in first revisions.

Sampleconstruct wrote:It's pretty
It uses impulse responses which can't be changed, but most of them are very useful, a lot of IRs from old classic reverbs.
To the lovely developers: I saw you mentioned in Gearslutz that you had no plans to support user IRs due to file management but pweeeetttyyyy pleaaseee :pray:

I saw the reason for doing so was what to do if user-presets pointed to moved or missing media, but if that happens maybe just have a blank IR (so uncoloured audio) and rename the box to something like <missing media>. This is how Voxengo Pristine Space tackles it - If you've moved the file it doesn't rehunt it for you, it just passes the sound through without doing anything to the audio until you manually choose another IR for it to use for processing.

mcbpete wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:It's pretty
It uses impulse responses which can't be changed, but most of them are very useful, a lot of IRs from old classic reverbs.
To the lovely developers: I saw you mentioned in Gearslutz that you had no plans to support user IRs due to file management but pweeeetttyyyy pleaaseee :pray:

I saw the reason for doing so was what to do if user-presets pointed to moved or missing media, but if that happens maybe just have a blank IR (so uncoloured audio) and rename the box to something like <missing media>. This is how Voxengo Pristine Space tackles it - If you've moved the file it doesn't rehunt it for you, it just passes the sound through without doing anything to the audio until you manually choose another IR for it to use for processing.
+1
A way to show the original filename/path would also help (maybe as a tooltip) to remind you what the original file has been - not always easy to remember after some months ;-)
I'd love to use custom IRs.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Ooh actually that's exactly what PristineSpace does (haven't used it for a few months). This is what it shows when you delete or move an impulse file from where it's expecting it to be. Firstly the waveform view is just blank (1), but underneath it does show what that file was called and where it was if you want to manually find it again (2)

Ah, nice :tu:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Hi guys,

We decided to avoid this as there is already lots of either bundled with DAW or free convolution plugin
which can be easily placed after Relayer when used in Full wet (this is exactly to what the convolution FX in Relayer do)

Still I'll see what we can do at some point to add this but honestly I can't promise you anything.

Thanks for your support.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Hm - not sure that argument convinces me - in that case, why have a convolution effect in there at all ;-)
But I would definitely be even more happy with a good diffuse effect first :-)

Cheers,

Tom

Personally I would prefer more FX than the option to use IRs.
dedication to flying

chances of UVI implementing feature requests: nil.
chances of UVI refining existing features: nil squared.

ThomasHelzle wrote:Hm - not sure that argument convinces me - in that case, why have a convolution effect in there at all ;-)
Making good sounding preset out of the box :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:Hm - not sure that argument convinces me - in that case, why have a convolution effect in there at all ;-)
Making good sounding preset out of the box :)

Need to note also his COMB mode, liked it very much, can say, addition built-in atonal texture synth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH6LMmCdnrE
But just a pity that the "energy" disappears more quickly than would like (edit* Or rather, for some taps the energy continue endless, but for some disappears). In this sense, it would be cool to increase feedback (force) of COMB resonance, at least optional - Let it be a request to UVI. The result would be an awesome thing.
Last edited by c_voltage on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Also note that one can type in the pitches into each comb tab, just type C3 and BAM you get C3. That way, creating melodies is a quick and easy procedure.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Also note that one can type in the pitches into each comb tab, just type C3 and BAM you get C3. That way, creating melodies is a quick and easy procedure.
That's a good tip!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Effects”