UVI Relayer: Precision Creative Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relayer

Sampleconstruct wrote:Also note that one can type in the pitches into each comb tab, just type C3 and BAM you get C3. That way, creating melodies is a quick and easy procedure.
Hm, thanks, really.

some experimentations with UVI Relayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVuenur1Ha4
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

After some months using relayer, I think it would be the perfect delay if you can put a pitchshifter, or better, a diatonic pitchshifther as FX!
Would that be possible??? :idea:

klinik wrote:After some months using relayer, I think it would be the perfect delay if you can put a pitchshifter, or better, a diatonic pitchshifther as FX!
Would that be possible??? :idea:
Try the diatonic combfilter with high resonance setting, type in a note - e.g. “C3“ - and create pitch sequences with different pitches per tap.

Thanks, I know about the comb filter, but I ask for something different : a pitchshifther that can follow the notes to either a fixed ratio or fixed detune :)

klinik wrote:Thanks, I know about the comb filter, but I ask for something different : a pitchshifther that can follow the notes to either a fixed ratio or fixed detune :)
I know, I still mentioned it again so others might discover it, nobody here would actually read an entire thread.

Btw what i noticed else about cpu usage, take for example default Relayer preset (not "Init", but who by default after open plugin ).
So, in Studio One v2 this default preset are show about 16%, and in Ableton Live v9.6 about 5%, damn.
The reason in such huge difference was specifically in IR (Color) section, in disable color state in both DAWs almost the same cpu result (difference in 1-2%).
This is familiar behavior for Studio one, he often does not like everything that is related with IR's processing (the same huge cpu usage in S1 with NI Kontakt some ensembles when in it use IRs reverb, when in other daw's this proceeds more smoothly).

:party:

How are people finding this one months on - is it a staple to anyones workflow? I can imagine the complexities to be very useful but it's not something you'd maybe get under the hood with on the fly. Maybe a more sound designing approach?

I usually turn to this or EchoBoy for my ITB delays. It's so customizable and has a number of options not found elsewhere. It definitely has more sound design for the delay, if you want.

I've just purchased this plugin but I agree with some in this thread. Relayer would really come alive with some assignable LFO's. I'm using M4L LFO for now but it would be great to save it within the plugin for seamless recall.

When I read a comment like that I can't help it but I have to admit I am jealous.

I've had Relayer for some six months now and there is still so much to discover I don't see the end of it.
Really wish I had your talent, buy something as complicated as this and immediately know what it can, and even more: what it misses to come alive.
Wow.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

It's a perfect tap delay as it is for me, even more than what I expected. And I'm a delay freak using Echoboy, Imperial Delay, Bloom, TkDelay, H3000 Factory/Band Delays, EchoBode, Sigmund and Uhbik. All are great delays and I love 'em, but Relayer is kind of the missing link and made the whole things complete.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

This got a major update today 1.5. Does anyone else feel the CPU usage has gone down? UVI ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:This got a major update today 1.5. Does anyone else feel the CPU usage has gone down? UVI ?
How does it compare to Echoboy or Sandman Pro now it's been updated?

Return to “Effects”