Poll: Do you prefer Effectrix or Glitich2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Which is your favorite:

Effectrix
45%
Glitch2
55%

Total votes: 29

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've never really liked either of them, so no vote above.

Bought D. Sches' TANTRA recently and, although I tend to not like hearing or like using glitch-able multi-FX, I am truly LOVING this thing!

I tried all of the mentioned plugs for my (simple) glitching needs...to recap:

- effectrix (sugarbytes)
- artillery2 (sugarbytes)
- turnado (sugarbytes)
- looperator (sugarbytes)
- glitch2 (illformed)
- tantra (Dmitry Sches)
- fraction (sinevibes)

The thing is, they all have their limitations.

I run an old processor, so for me bang for buck is really bang per buck per cycle, or (features / cpu) / cost, and the problem i had with more than one of them is that they seemed a bit cpu intensive for what they were doing.

FWIW, i really wanted to like tantra. Great interface, small dev, focussed product line. I just found it too fiddly and deep and cpu intensive.

Anyway, there's not a lot between effectrix and glitch2, so in that battle I would have chosen glitch2, as the developer is focussed on making one product well.

But really the problem is that you have to use the built in fx with all of those and no single developer has fx that are great at everything so there's always some compromise there.

Then there's workflow. For me, fraction had the best workflow, but it's been an expensive plugin month already, so I decided to wait until it was on sale...which hasn't happened yet. The thing is, the workflow's good, but it's cpu isn't great and the distortion is pretty unusable as it seems to accentuate low freqs too much.

Anyway, in the end I decided on the complete opposite approach. Get the plugin with the simplest feature set for the cheapest cost and cheapest cpu.

The grand winner was an unexpected late entry:

Melda's MRhythmizer, which was 50% off, and was already cheap to begin with. It does time, gating, and filtering and that's it. Key controlled like glitch. Hardly any cpu cost.

If i had more (disposable) cash i guess i may have chosen differently, but i think it worked out well.

TLDR: I got MRhythmizer for £17.

Return to “Effects”