On a (harsh) budget - Which reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:What kind of DAW are you using, often the bundled plugs can be enough.
Cubase 8 Elements only comes with Roomworks SE, and it's not really very good. The reverbs coming with the higher versions of Cubase should be better. Never tried the one in Studio One.
Armadillo wrote:Seriously, have a couple of pints less this week, save the extra 20 euro's and get Valhalla Room.
I might do one day. :) For now i'm happy that i only have a couple of controls and algorithms on Eos... easy to get overwhelmed with more complexity. I know, a reverb isn't exactly very complex, but i'm only just getting started to really understand what the controls do, so i'm happy with a bit of less is more. Sure it'll keep me busy for a while anyway, even being more simple.

:borg:

I tried all of them, but none could really convince me. That's basically why i was looking for something payware - because i already tried literally everything free out there, and nothing was really what i'd consider great.

Its too bad you don't have the full version of Cubase because Revelation is pretty damn good. I use that and Valhalla Shimmer for my reverbs.

If you're patient, and a bit lucky, you can pick up one of the Melda reverbs (MMultiBandReverb, MReverb) at 1/2 off. Melda does random sales that reset weekly. I picked up MMultiBandReverb at 1/2 off for 25 Euros a few weeks ago. It's possible it might come up again. Try the demo and check this page for the weekly deals:

http://www.meldaproduction.com/download.php

And a big +1 to the Valhalla stuff. Worth every penny.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Mreverb is on sale right now actually. $20 !!

ckam03 wrote:Mreverb is on sale right now actually. $20 !!
:dog: :dog:
How did I not notice this! Thank you ckam03. I grabbed it at the sale price.
Last edited by bmrzycki on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Voxengo OldSkoolVerb is really quite good. VRoom is probably my favorite though, certainly worth the excellent price.

Breeze
Valhalla verbs
Acon verberate
Eos

do you have reaktor? there are a couple decent reverbs in the user library as well...

Nope, no Reaktor here. Pretty happy now with Eos though. :) Thanks for the many tips anyway, i'll surely check some of those out.

Did you buy it? I sent you a PM.

I think the consensus is...

usable free reverbs:
Ambience
Signaldust Reverbs: Tila + Abstract Chamber
Voxengo Oldskool Reverb

then there is magware:
Reverbation CM (convolution, there is also a free version)
Acon Digital CM

Payware:
any of the Valhalla Reverbs

Izak Synthiemental wrote:I think the consensus is...

usable free reverbs:
Ambience
Signaldust Reverbs: Tila + Abstract Chamber
Voxengo Oldskool Reverb

then there is magware:
Reverbation CM (convolution, there is also a free version)
Acon Digital CM

Payware:
any of the Valhalla Reverbs
As magware, i would add KR-Reverb CM, for it great versatility of sound

either ER, delay multitap (unsynced though...), large hall or other sonic textures

flugel45 wrote:Did you buy it? I sent you a PM.
Yep, i did. :)

I think i have KR-Reverb CM actually. Will give it a try. Damn, so many choices. :D

Edit: KR-Reverb CM is 32-bit only. Shame.

Return to “Effects”