Introducing T-RackS Stealth Limiter - Available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

djshire wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:"From the director of a couple of movies people have and will actually watch... even if they are equally terrible movies"
LOL, I love both TF&TF and xXx, despite how incredibly stupid both are.
I just couldn't resist the opportunity to crack the joke, but I like all kinds of movies - even some very mindless movies. So I can't really throw stones. :)

To those interested, Gear credits are now on sale so this amazing new Stealth limiter can now be bought at even a lower price. The Gear credits system has been good to me these last couple years. Great job on the masterpiece Stealth limiter IK, your T-RackS collection is quite impressive due to recent releases, and I am very happy for the discount on Gear credits.

EDITED
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Waiting for the T-RackS upgrade :tu:

Reviving this thread to get some new discussion happening. How much are you guys liking this limiter?

This thing has quickly become indispensable for me. I am still an Ozone fanboy but this goes louder, cleaner and clearer than the Maximizer module - atleast in my tests so far. The unity gain monitoring function is essential for mastering. Pricey but on sale at JRRshop and worth it - my limiter GAS has evaporated completely. This should be all I'll ever need (sorry DMG/Fabfilter).

Not my cup of tea. I like transparent limiters and this one isn't transparent at all.

For that kind of money, I would suggest getting LA xLimit II by TBProAudio, or Limited-MAX by LVC-Audio for less. IMO they both do a much better job.

LA xLimit II is totally underrated and is on par with the best limiters.
It's easy if you know how

I would try the different settings, as most seem to find T-RackS Stealth Limiter a very transparent limiter as one of its main features.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I would try the different settings, as most seem to find T-RackS Stealth Limiter a very transparent limiter as one of its main features.
Harmonics 2 mode was the most transparent, but with audible distortion.

Tested with about 10 dB of gain reduction, but Stealth Limiter only showing about 3 dB, strange...

That is also strange that Harmonics 2 mode is actually the most transparent for you - that mode is designed to add colouration/grit (I'm guessing pushed tube emulation) so should be the least transparent.

Peter: My projects usually work in 24-bit bounces and then i'll be looking to "dither" it down to 16-bit on final master output. Some DAWs already have dithering options on output... should I just use those or would you recommend dithering from inside Stealth instead? I guess what I'm asking is if there's anything special/advanced about the dithering in Stealth compared to run of the mill DAW output dither (ie: FL Studio). I know it's splitting hairs, but still... :)

MogwaiBoy wrote:Reviving this thread to get some new discussion happening. How much are you guys liking this limiter?

This thing has quickly become indispensable for me. I am still an Ozone fanboy but this goes louder, cleaner and clearer than the Maximizer module - atleast in my tests so far. The unity gain monitoring function is essential for mastering. Pricey but on sale at JRRshop and worth it - my limiter GAS has evaporated completely. This should be all I'll ever need (sorry DMG/Fabfilter).
Great limiter!
I have it on the master channel after Milennia EQ and Softube S73 or Kush Claraphonic (depends on program material) and haven't reached for any others in my small collection for a while.
It suits my needs perfectly.

MogwaiBoy wrote:That is also strange that Harmonics 2 mode is actually the most transparent for you - that mode is designed to add colouration/grit (I'm guessing pushed tube emulation) so should be the least transparent.
The definition of transparent IMO is how much of the original sound is preserved. Unfortunately, the other three modes kill the high frequencies too much, and Harmonics 2 mode being the dirtiest of them all still sounds the closest to the original, I'm afraid.

The other modes kill high frequencies?

Something has gone wrong - that sounds totally different from what I'm experiencing.

Perhaps the plugin is bugging out in your DAW. You should report it to IK.

I don't have time for that, sorry. I've not even started the trial, but what I can hear between the noise bursts is enough for me.

lesha wrote:I don't have time for that, sorry. I've not even started the trial, but what I can hear between the noise bursts is enough for me.
I hope you do give Stealth Limiter a chance in the future (and please be sure to leave Custom Shop open in the background during the trial if you do, in order to prevent any noise bursts) as I agree what you are experiencing seems the inverse of the intended and usual behavior of the plugin as others have voiced as well above. Either way, thanks for your input and if you do decide to demo the plugin at a future date and run into the same behavior (the lack of transparent volume on settings that should provide it, not the noise bursts) note that IK Support can also help you out if you so desire their assistance.

Best limiter available in the digital world. Definatly going to buy.

Even hyped Fabfilter Pro-L & Sonnox Inflator doesnt come close when it comes to extremes.

Elektronisch wrote:Best limiter available in the digital world. Definatly going to buy.

Even hyped Fabfilter Pro-L & Sonnox Inflator doesnt come close when it comes to extremes.
for one, inflator is a saturation/harmonic tool, not a limiter

and 2, have you tried limitless, ozone 7, lax limit 2 and all the others before you make that decision?

Return to “Effects”