How to update Unfiltered Audio's Sandman

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The update went smoothly as it can get.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Hmmm. Looks like the new version (VST2/x64) of G8 is broken in Bidule (on Win7/x64); loads Bypassed and stays that way, like a couple of other plugins that wont work with Bidule. The older non-PA version, though, is fine, as is the new Sandman.
The other thing that's odd is that the old G8 presented in Bidule as having 4 ins and 4 outs; this new version presents as a choice between 1 in 1 out/ 1 in 2 out / 2 in 2 out. How would I sidechain now with only two ins?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Hmmm. Looks like the new version (VST2/x64) of G8 is broken in Bidule (on Win7/x64); loads Bypassed and stays that way, like a couple of other plugins that wont work with Bidule. The older non-PA version, though, is fine, as is the new Sandman.
The other thing that's odd is that the old G8 presented in Bidule as having 4 ins and 4 outs; this new version presents as a choice between 1 in 1 out/ 1 in 2 out / 2 in 2 out. How would I sidechain now with only two ins?
Shoot, thank you for the report. We hadn't tested Bidule before, but we'll make sure to test it in the future. I have no idea how we would have broken anything VST2, but I'll investigate what's going on.

thelizard wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Hmmm. Looks like the new version (VST2/x64) of G8 is broken in Bidule (on Win7/x64); loads Bypassed and stays that way, like a couple of other plugins that wont work with Bidule. The older non-PA version, though, is fine, as is the new Sandman.
Shoot, thank you for the report. We hadn't tested Bidule before, but we'll make sure to test it in the future. I have no idea how we would have broken anything VST2, but I'll investigate what's going on.
Feel free to PM me if I can help with that.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

[*]Any updates for Steam buyers of this plugin?

Thanks,
Brad

Norkoastal wrote:[*]Any updates for Steam buyers of this plugin?

Thanks,
Brad
We've added the vouchers to the Steam accounts, but haven't formally announced it yet. We're waiting to see if it works for the initial testers. If you want to try it, here are the instructions:

1. Open Steam
2. Open your Steam Library, and find the plug-in that you are activating.
3. Right-click on the name of the product (in your library list) and select "View CD Key".
4. Copy the key to your clipboard.
5. Create a user account on https://www.plugin-alliance.com if you do not already have one.
6. Go to https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/activate.html and enter your CD Key.
7. Follow the remaining activation steps provided by Plugin Alliance.

If you can confirm that those work, we'll post a formal announcement on Steam.

aMUSEd wrote:
dayjob wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I unsubscribed because they kept spamming me

i did too but somehow my account was still there. they did/do send out metric f-ton of email offers and stuff which i find annoying.

otherwise seems a pretty straight forward system
What is particularly stupid is that they can't distinguish between someone taking themselves off their mailing list because they don't want to get spammed and a customer needed an email from them about how to activate a plugin they bought.
I unsubscribed because of the relentless spamming as well. Really annoying outfit. I'm in two minds whether to even bother trying to update sandman. New features seem good, but it's so very ugly I tend not to use it much.

re:Steam, confirming the "CD-key" voucher appeared in my Steam library and I just used it to "re-purchase" in Plugin Alliance. Thanks.

pottering wrote:re:Steam, confirming the "CD-key" voucher appeared in my Steam library and I just used it to "re-purchase" in Plugin Alliance. Thanks.
Good to hear! PA sent us an e-mail confirming that the first Steam voucher has been redeemed. Looks like you took first :tu:

Return to “Effects”