FAS-FX REVERB

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just announced: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/a ... rb.106924/

FAS-FX Reverb is an exquisite reverb plugin which, in the continuing tradition of Fractal Audio Systems, puts sound quality above all else. Based on the highly-acclaimed Reverb algorithms from the legendary Axe-Fx II guitar processor, FAS-FX reverb takes quality to the next level*. By utilizing the full resources of your DAW the plugin can create some truly spectacular reverbs—from a whisper of natural ambience, to sophisticated real environments, to vintage springs and plates, to the dreamy infinity of space, you'll find it all here.

FAS-FX Reverb is remarkably easy to use, with features designed specifically for the way modern professionals record and mix. Our expert UI team worked with a pro panel of Fractal Audio endorsers, artists, engineers, and producers—including multiple Grammy winners—to define the ultimate reverb experience. Flexible, precise, and intuitive, it does exactly what you need while staying out of your way to avoid disrupting the creative flow.

wow all the guys at the fractal forum are going nuts over this basically in all but words calling it the holy grail of verbs.

for that price it better be serious competition to the exponential stuff.

They are also saying there is no demo.. and yet it's ilok protected *scratches head*. And expensive (currently 199 normally 299)

but i can't lie i'm curious!

I'm kind of baffled by it too. So far I haven't heard any demos, it has ilok and it really expensive for a reverb. In 2015 when we have amazingly clean sounding reverbs like acon verberate going for $100 and spectacular sounding Valhalla verbs going for $50 I don't understand the pricing. Maybe once demos come out I'll change my mind, but for that price it better sound mind blowingly good. You could buy Valhalla plate, room, vintage verb and shimmer for that price.

Chandlerhimself wrote:I'm kind of baffled by it too. So far I haven't heard any demos, it has ilok and it really expensive for a reverb. In 2015 when we have amazingly clean sounding reverbs like acon verberate going for $100 and spectacular sounding Valhalla verbs going for $50 I don't understand the pricing. Maybe once demos come out I'll change my mind, but for that price it better sound mind blowingly good. You could buy Valhalla plate, room, vintage verb and shimmer for that price.
Thing is if it includes all the reverbs from the Axe FX II it pretty much covers all the different types of reverbs I believe. So in theory it would be equivalent to buying all the Valhalla reverbs.

I wonder what kind of latency is introduced for the processing since the Axe FX II is all real time processing I believe.

most reverb plugins unless convolution based are zero latency in to out. So i doubt it will have latency, and if it does, it surely couldn't be more than a few samples. A tiny bit of latency doesn't really matter on verbs anyway, waves have a fixed latency of 11ms on their convolution stuff.. just use it on a buss and counteract the 11ms by subtracting it from the pre delay you desire.

Or it could have delay and actually report it to the DAW which would then compensate with PDC.

That said this is all wild speculation without a demo.

Every ilok plugin should have a demo without question (and every single one i know of does besides this and really huge sample libraries like east west hollywood strings lol).

And there shouldn't be a delay or a "we are working on it" because with ilok demos the demo installer IS the full installer.

monkeymanx wrote: Thing is if it includes all the reverbs from the Axe FX II it pretty much covers all the different types of reverbs I believe. So in theory it would be equivalent to buying all the Valhalla reverbs.

I wonder what kind of latency is introduced for the processing since the Axe FX II is all real time processing I believe.
It says there are 7 algorithms in it, which isn't bad, but it isn't spectacular either. Valhalla plate has 7 algo too and it's just a plate reverb. ValhallaVintage has 15. I'm not saying it's a terrible reverb, but to be honest for $200 I expect it to either sound better than everything else on the market or have some unique features no other reverb has. So far I haven't seen that from this plugin, but I think we should all give it a chance and wait until more audio demos come out.

Chandlerhimself wrote:
monkeymanx wrote: Thing is if it includes all the reverbs from the Axe FX II it pretty much covers all the different types of reverbs I believe. So in theory it would be equivalent to buying all the Valhalla reverbs.

It says there are 7 algorithms in it, which isn't bad, but it isn't spectacular either. Valhalla plate has 7 algo too and it's just a plate reverb. ValhallaVintage has 15. I'm not saying it's a terrible reverb, but to be honest for $200 I expect it to either sound better than everything else on the market or have some unique features no other reverb has. So far I haven't seen that from this plugin, but I think we should all give it a chance and wait until more audio demos come out.

and to be fair it's normally a $300 verb, 200 is intro,

It has incredibly stiff competition for that money.

There definitely is a lot of competition now. I don't know exactly what algorithms are included in the FAS one either. Wonder if they have a shimmer effect in there too. There really doesn't seem to be any in depth information on their site at this time.

It's just like anything else though with FAS. The AXE FX II is a great unit and does a lot of great things but at a price. It's built in effects are very good and versatile. It reminds me of having a stand alone unit for a bunch of good VST effects.

monkeymanx wrote:There definitely is a lot of competition now. I don't know exactly what algorithms are included in the FAS one either. Wonder if they have a shimmer effect in there too. There really doesn't seem to be any in depth information on their site at this time.

It's just like anything else though with FAS. The AXE FX II is a great unit and does a lot of great things but at a price. It's built in effects are very good and versatile. It reminds me of having a stand alone unit for a bunch of good VST effects.
A standalone unit that can't do true stereo though. Ouch.

Heartfeltdawn wrote:A standalone unit that can't do true stereo though. Ouch.
Just found this while searching in Google for something else. Of course the Axe-Fx II can do true stereo reverbs. Doing so simply means using two reverb blocks instead of one.

This is my go to guitar reverb which provides the lushest endless reverb, it on sale now for $99
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Didn't even realise they released a Vst !

I don't remember ever reading about it here, besides this thread.

If it's the dogs danglies how come no gushing praise ?

How does it compare to the other reverb big boys?

I read it has a low Cpu hit
Amazon: why not use an alternative

So there's no trial for this reverb?

Considering the price, there should be one, IMO.

Den* wrote:Amazing reverb!
sounds much too bright for my taste in this video... (but it's the guitar sound itself too)
hard to judge with a toothache inducing example such as this.

Nice playing though...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”