TrackSpark Monthly Goody Bags

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pyros

when you cancel do you keep the synth?

wickfut wrote:when you cancel do you keep the synth?
Not sure if I want to give it another try and/or sample a few sounds. Initially it needed around 1-2% CPU, everything went smooth. Within the first 5 minutes trying different presets and playing with the parameter knobs, I brought it up to 35-40% cpu usage. Then it was not possible to stop the sound output by stopping the sequencer - the only way to stop it was selecting another preset. How would I stop the sound without internet connection, if there are no other presets available? Restart the DAW completely? The synth itself has some nice features and a good sound, other features almost disqualify it for me. I cannot assure to have an internet all the time, and also do not know if it is a security risk to be always online just to use a synth.

Actually, I think TrackSpark is a great idea. I gave it a try because somewhere I read, you can trial it for the first month for free. I had the intention to stick with them for a longer time. Just my first impression was a little bit disappointing, because of the reasons I mentioned above.

Then I found this forum thread. Some people seemed to complain that the goodie bags became less attractive for them over the time. So, my initial reaction was to cancel it and save my time.

I must admit, am also Computermusic subscriber since a few years, from time to time I get a Beat magazine. Then I got a bunch of great Xmas deals recently, and purchased a 1-year-pass for Groove 3 - maybe too spoiled with good things that I do not want to afford more experiments. Lifetime is limited :scared:

When you cancel TrackSpark you keep what you got (samples, synths, etc.).

Euterpe gives a confusing message but doesn't deactivate when offline, you can keep using it as normal. Right click the GUI (not the knobs) for the option to save the presets locally.

Polyphonic presets with long release and high feedback in a delay chain will cause higher CPU in any synth.

Just FYI for those who took the Beatskillz "That Thing" plugin from the promotion.
The new 1.3 update is available in your accounts even though its still listed
as version 1.2 and you probably received only an offer to buy the new version
at the regular discount.

E.g. there is no paid upgrade as it 'IS' a free upgrade.

-Cheers

still waiting for the email this month for the free plugin. Got the email to say it would turn up 24 hours later, but it never turned up.

Not overly bothered since I already own it, but it would have been nice to get the email anyway. Should probably complain to them.

pekbro wrote:Just FYI for those who took the Beatskillz "That Thing" plugin from the promotion.
The new 1.3 update is available in your accounts even though its still listed
as version 1.2 and you probably received only an offer to buy the new version
at the regular discount.

E.g. there is no paid upgrade as it 'IS' a free upgrade.

-Cheers
Thanks. I assumed Track Spark users weren't getting the upgrade.

What is that EuterpeXL synth actually like? No vids on youtube.

What is that EuterpeXL synth actually like? No vids on youtube.
The version I got through Track Spark crashed Logic. I emailed the developer and he gave me a download that fixed the issue.

The preset system is messed up but it is possible to find and tweak a few pleasing retro sounds.

Not a lot going on in this months a few sample packs and discount offers. No plugins from what I can see.

Drum & percussion bundle by ModeAudio
Trap Atmospheric Construction Kit by Monumental Audio
Layering Your Kick Drum tutorial by Rich Lewis
More fantastic royalty free loops & stems

Yes, slowly it's time to look for that cancel button on the subscription page...

MFXxx wrote:Trap Atmospheric Construction Kit by Monumental Audio
Not the full version, just a sampler, with a chance to buy the full version at half price.

I was initially positive to TrackSpark, but this year their stuff has gradually got less and less interesting.

I only pay 2.24 bucks per month, but would be more interested in paying 5 bucks per months if they could come up with more decent stuff, and synths every three months.

MFXxx wrote: More fantastic royalty free loops & stems
That´s FANTASTIC!

:party:

Return to “Effects”