Sonalksis...comments?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So Ive downloaded the demo and theyve immediately expired :hihi:

Theyre clearly great going by all the ancient reviews and I know they were respected.
Im thinking these will be really useful as I imagine they wont even touch the sides of modern CPUs.

Plus theyre going for a silly price (compared to their original price)

Any thoughts on these plugs now that they are nearly teenagers ? (Bare in mind I still refuse to let go of Elemantal Audio plugins cos theyre excellent :hug: )
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I own the EQ/Gate/Comp pack. To me these plugins are great but they are outdated now.
Sonalksis is not offering RTAS/AAX support and their products would need some major upgrades concerning
the GUI, the algorithms and new features. This company seems to have got through some troubles past years
because they're pretty quiet and didn't release anything new for years now.
Today their plugs are not worth their full price imo, there are many alternatives with more features and plug formats.
Just my two cents...

Imho great and underrated plugins! ;-)

Thanks for replies.

I realise theyre not likely to get updates,
not bothered about that as the current prices are dirt cheap.

The entire bundle is Eur 160 at the moment!!

I have lots of compressors and EQs but Im interested in the the Essential and Creative bundles(which looks interesting and reviews make them seem pretty ace in terms of adding character and grit)

Is it possible to upgrade to a larger bundle if you already have one?

I might just get the Creative bundle to test the waters, seeing as the demo isnt working for me

Where did you see them that cheap? I look at their site and the entire bundle sells for €400...

BDeep wrote:Where did you see them that cheap? I look at their site and the entire bundle sells for €400...
Use FOCUS60 in the coupon field on the same page as the prices

Regarding your demo problems you may want to contact support. They are quite fast IMHO. I own the creative bundle and like its simplicity and low cpu consumption.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
BDeep wrote:Where did you see them that cheap? I look at their site and the entire bundle sells for €400...
Use FOCUS60 in the coupon field on the same page as the prices
Thanks!

I don't know, I've had many times throughout the years that I've thought about getting them, but I always failed to pull the trigger.
Probably because I have better (?? well, at least more current) alternatives already.

Their compressor is my favorite compressor evar, I'd recommend it to anyone without a second thought. The gate is cool as well. Also rock solid, haven't had a single crash with these.

soulone82 wrote:Regarding your demo problems you may want to contact support. They are quite fast IMHO. I own the creative bundle and like its simplicity and low cpu consumption.
Ive contacted them via their webpage but it says to wait 2 business days, I have no patience and am impulsive when it comes to certain plugins, especially if theyre cheap :roll:

gloomypuppet wrote:Their compressor is my favorite compressor evar, I'd recommend it to anyone without a second thought. The gate is cool as well. Also rock solid, haven't had a single crash with these.
Which one, they have 3 :wink:

I love the creative filter, very transparent..

Suloo wrote:I love the creative filter, very transparent..
I assume youre being sarcastic

Return to “Effects”