Acustica Audio releases Pink

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:Does Core 8 use much less CPU than Core 7? Basari, how many of these are you able to load vs. the Amek?

Anyway, it's extremely cool that it's a 2500, that's worth getting even for loading just 1 or 2 instances. UA is rumored to be coming out with one soon but there's a high likelihood it'll eat a lot of DSP (based on their other recent compressors) and I'd rather get Pink with its EQ and preamp models (UA's 550 isn't one of their better EQ's, IMO, and they didn't properly model a 312 or 512, not even in the Vision Unison channel strip).

Regarding trademarks, companies can't trademark numbers like 2500, 550, 512, and 312 so let's just discuss this in those terms. We'll all know what's being referenced.
Agreed. Anyway even if safe we avoid it too, for example in navy we used just 81 and 73.
I contacted Badari asking kindly to remove the post. Basari is just an user, i don't have control on him, i hope he will listen to me
Now let's speak about how it sounds
For ages they said our compressor tone was good, but compression was not there. I think core8 changes the game.

djscorb wrote:Sorry mate, I don't want to cause you trouble. People will openly mention it though, it's unavoidable.

But yes, I can see it's not a 1:1 emulation (no stereo link or filters, no tone/thrust circuit and no variable release).

I actually want a 1:1 emulation to be honest so I'm not as excited as when I first read Basari's post.

I have a heavily modified SB4000 hardware comp with the Thrust circuit. It is fantastic and worth emulating imo. ;)

Cheers

Scorb
Exactly! Just download the demo and check if you like it. It is possible you like it more than a clone!

I hope so, I'll demo early next week as I love the 2500 enough to give this a shot ;)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

In the interest of helping you push your technology I will edit my posts to remove references to "Application Program Interfaces" hehe! ;)

Whether anybody else will keep the name out of the discussion is not something you'll be able to have much control over I guess, but you have asked nicely!

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Thank you!!!!!! I appreciate it.
I understand software is inspired, like hardware. There are 200 inspired hardware units, and even more in the software realm.
But my idea is that this plugin is good by itself, not because a clone. We sampled vintage devices, modified. We adapted the compressor to new techniques and concepts. We adapted it also in order to make it easier on cpu, so you can have a full strip. We invented a "pink" detector. We were inspired but we improved shapes, because in software you can do.
I carefully planned the gui, so it is a mix from different hardware

Knob is an Elysia, stacked as api, changed to amek shape and painted neve-ish. Also the color schema doesn't exist. We used white and pink. Buttons are new. Labels are different from all hardware devices. Features are not the same.

Just to be clear, knobs were inspired by a "gundam robot" toy

Looking forward to trying this but that gui is very play school-I expect something less kiddy at that price.

I don't think anyone can stop you from sampling hardware units of any kind and people mentioning what you sampled. You just can't use the official name or look. You are being a touch too paranoid here mate.. You've done nothing wrong or infringing in any way. Heck if your new tech is that good, I'd go ahead and sample the 2500 hardware with every single feature and release that plugin too.

If I'll ever implement a 2500 with all features I'll ask the permission first. In such case I'm interested in a complete clone.
We are doing it for a couple of other hardware developers, and the GUI, man, is absolutely it.
It seems a photo, I posted them to a couple of friends and they answered: what should I look? They though it was a picture grabbed from the hardware :D

For a time evaluate it as a digital tool with an analog soul even in the compression department, not just because we sampled a particular device

hey mate
the coupon doesn't seem to be working ;)

elseano wrote:hey mate
the coupon doesn't seem to be working ;)
Think those 3 were snapped up a long while back!

hooray for slow internet

AC222 wrote:Basari, expect a "friendly pm" from Larry Grondahl for mentioning API. Those guys are Nazis about this stuff. If you say the word lunch box or use similar color themes, sample a piece of their sound, or use the phrase 500 series, you will get a "friendly warning" with words of flattery and approbation that is more of a veiled legal threat. Love API Nazis....

It's 2016 and designer should adapt and get with the times instead of trying to bully developers (and pretending to be friendly about it) for paying homage to their designs.

No thread hijack intended. This is a great development :tu:
This actually pissed me off! I expect his friendly PM so i can tell him to go F! himself.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

yes let's keep brand names away from the thread.
Also on the gui design I would say we are distant from hardware products.
We sampled hardware devices, but they were "vintage and modified". And it is true.

Our list of features is different. I would say the product is pretty distant from all hardware devices you know.
Closest products are "iron man theme" and partially "VMR gui arrangement", but I would say Marvel Cinematic Universe will not sue anybody.

So please don't hijack the thread saying is a neve, a chandler or whatever. Focus on the sound.
The closest thing to the knob is "iron" man.
I don't think anyway doing hardware tools has knobs like the ones we are using in pink:
pink.png
So if you keep brand names away there is exactly no space for any kind of complain both on the GUI or the sound.

I would focus on what people on gs is saying about the compression.

For a lot of time the biggest complain on our products was about the "compression" action.
- Eq were there (cpu intensive, so we reduced the cpu load)
- Preamps were there but cpu intensive (so we reduced the cpu load)
- Compressors were partially there: the tone was very good, and the analog feel BUT
- Compression was described as "erratic", "wrong", "broken", "not musical"

Last point was causing headaches, so the customerbase was splitted. Someone was interested in the analog feel and was describing our compressors as "game changer", but someone ones could not use them properly

So here Core8 is bringing a new dimensions to our products, because finally we get the analog vibe AND the compression behaviour. Pink is fast. Pink is smooth. Aliasing is low. Release is musical. Pink is punchy. Pink pumps less than all the compressors we ever released. But at the same time you "feel" it like it was an analog compressor. IMHO it is a game changer, and I don't use this "word" very often (last time I used it was in 2007 when we introduced nebula2).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There is no more Broken Compression in this. After final release it probably will be my Desert Island Compressor.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:
AC222 wrote:Basari, expect a "friendly pm" from Larry Grondahl for mentioning API. Those guys are Nazis about this stuff. If you say the word lunch box or use similar color themes, sample a piece of their sound, or use the phrase 500 series, you will get a "friendly warning" with words of flattery and approbation that is more of a veiled legal threat. Love API Nazis....

It's 2016 and designer should adapt and get with the times instead of trying to bully developers (and pretending to be friendly about it) for paying homage to their designs.

No thread hijack intended. This is a great development :tu:
This actually pissed me off! I expect his friendly PM so i can tell him to go F! himself.
I've been following this one and I totally agree with you :tu: I've got no patience for this either

Return to “Effects”