EQ Ranger Plus from Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Upgrade from EQ Ranger Vol. 1
https://www.plugin-allian...pl_eq_ranger_plus.html
Yet I don't get this upgrade with 180 so-called modules. Aren't these just presets?

You caught brainworx with their pants down.

Spoken like a man who cannot be fooled by semantics.

It is a fine skill to "read between the lines". You should teach Law or something :lol:

Were the algos updated, or just a shiny new gui and presets?

I thought the same initially, however - if I got it right afterwards - it's actually a pretty cool and useful approach. Regard every of those 180 modules as a full-blown ranger in its own right. So for instance, if you choose, say, a metal kick module/preset, not only have the frequencies been boosted and cut to fit this particular instrument, but the actual frequency bands have been adjusted respectively, too. So instead of one Vox Ranger for vocals, one Bass Ranger for Bass, and one Full Ranger for the mix, you actually get 180 distinct rangers for all kinds of instruments. Pretty cool stuff, in my opinion!

EDIT: Demoing this right now and it's seriously impressive! At an upgrade price of $49 this is pretty much a no-brainer for me - the presets alone would be worth it :tu: Admitted there are some "Rangers" which are very similar to each other (if you choose between different models for the same instrument, for instance). But given that I got the original plugin(s) almost for free during their last year's insane easter sale, that's something I can definitely live with ;)

It's an interesting approach, I must say. I've been waiting for a Volume 2 for years, naturally it never came. This may just a be a superior approach instead.

Absolutely broke right now, though. I think I'll be waiting a bit before I can upgrade mine.

Is there a lone ranger module? :clown:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

It always had been somewhat a preset box with vol1. Bands are parallel though, I wonder if the new presets also changes how wide the Q is on per band basis.

softska wrote:It always had been somewhat a preset box with vol1. Bands are parallel though, I wonder if the new presets also changes how wide the Q is on per band basis.
I would bet on it. I mean that was/is one of the points of the original Rangers so it would be rather unconventional if they would have had changed this principle.

DubLifeSD wrote:Were the algos updated, or just a shiny new gui and presets?
That's what I wanted to know as well. I don't really need a preset box.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

musikmachine wrote:Is there a lone ranger module? :clown:
You can use a Ranger by itself, then it would be lone! Haha

Sim.Sky wrote:
softska wrote:It always had been somewhat a preset box with vol1. Bands are parallel though, I wonder if the new presets also changes how wide the Q is on per band basis.
I would bet on it. I mean that was/is one of the points of the original Rangers so it would be rather unconventional if they would have had changed this principle.
From the description: "Now, SPL has collaborated with Brainworx in evolving the EQ Rangers to their next level- EQ Ranger Plus. With frequency band settings designed by Grammy winning mixer/producer Craig Bauer and Brainworx founder Dirk Ulrich, the EQ Ranger Plus offers a vast array of new, optimized combinations of center frequencies and bandwidths. These settings span across six genres and 181 modules to dramatically open up the options for source treatment in any mix. It’s like having 181 different 500 series modules, each designed by a top pro for a particular purpose, in your studio rack!"

I kind of wish the bandwidth were at least indicated by hovering over the controller, along with the db increase/decrease.

According to the manual it does, depending on the "module" selected.

No update for Vol.1?
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

tunca wrote:No update for Vol.1?
Upgrade offer is $49. It's available in your ''my account" / "manage registered plugins" ..under EQ vol.1

spacekid wrote:
tunca wrote:No update for Vol.1?
Upgrade offer is $49. It's available in your ''my account" / "manage registered plugins" ..under EQ vol.1
Thanks for reply.

But...is it worth? Better GUI,lots of presets...And new algo?
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Return to “Effects”