Only three things stopping me buying this:

- Can't afford it

- The promise of a more fully-featured model

- Can't afford it

Just bought it. :tu:
Waiting for the license file... :ud:

Delivered, thank you!

Thank You for this great tool.
This article is the truth. End of searching for me...

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/cou ... rch-639472

Yet another channel strip. How many more of them are going to be released before it is generally recognized that there's no more need for new ones? Sorry for being so open, TBProAudio, this is not meant to be offensive.

Seems like a very nice little tool for "each track":

- EQ (even surgical seems to be possible)
- Comp
and
- Saturation.

What would one need more for a decent mix? I think I have to try it out as well.

BTW: The speed of feature implementation is very cool! How many new features in two weeks? Impressive!

edit:
"All licenses sold are non-transferable."

Hmm ... that's not what I wanted to read.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

MountainKing wrote:What would one need more for a decent mix? I think I have to try it out as well.
Yes, great featureset for a quick and efficient channelstrip.

But if a more comprehensive channelstrip is planned, i may suggest considering stereo image manipulation, and two modes for the compressor ("clean" and "dirty"), as well as internal side-chaining.
Also, a switch to make the gate behave like a downward expander (sometimes, gates are too obvious).

With CS3301, I find the eq very usable, and the dyamic section works fine. I'm also liking the low cpu footprint, so i imagine i can use several instances in a project without worrying.

Skorpius wrote:Yet another channel strip. How many more of them are going to be released before it is generally recognized that there's no more need for new ones?
As long as things can be improved?
Skorpius wrote:Sorry for being so open, TBProAudio, this is not meant to be offensive.
Dont worry, we are open to any feedback :)

Wow, what a speedy improvement!
Font issue is also solved.
Thanks very much!
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

By the way, personally, I don't like the position of the Analog ON/OFF button.
How about this idea?

Output slider is large enough in my opinion.
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

Not a bad idea, we will see how to implement. Thank you.

Yudaidhun wrote:By the way, personally, I don't like the position of the Analog ON/OFF button.
How about this idea?

Output slider is large enough in my opinion.

+1 Very good idea. :tu:
In the first try I didn't noticed it is a button..

So, I just bought it. Very nice work!

It's a real "strip-downer" ... workflow-wise. Let's you keep "focussed". You definitely can achieve good mixes by just using this little channl strip - ok, some additional time-based FX of course (like modulation, delay and reverb).

I just made a quick mix in Logic of my latest song project and in comparison to my older attempts it ended out a lot more "open" soundwise. Nice.

Some questions:

- What would be your go-to way to check out the plugin's CPU-intensity. There's that little CPU window inside Logic but there are not percentage values or the like.

- Regarding this "visual" cpu meter in Logic it seems that using "Oversampling" doubles CPU-intensity. Can that be confirmed?

Now:
- 54 audio tracks plus some SUB and AUX channels
- about 40 instances CS-3301 channel strip most of them in oversampling mode (on individual tracks or SUBs) + 1 x VariSaturator on the main vocals
- 2 x Valhalla VVV + 2 x Stereo Delay (Logic)
- one instance of BX Digital V2, Maag EQ2 plus Elephant on the stereo-bus

- Macbook Pro 2011 Quad Core i7, 8 GB RAM, El Capitan
- 1024 samples
- no external soundcard, just using the Macbook's audio device

The project runs but it has regular drop outs. Would you consider this as a normal behavior in regard of the number of plugins used?

I assume that oversampling uses a lot of CPU power. Now - some kind of feature request: Is there a way to "on-off" the oversampling mode for all instances of CS-3301 that are used in a given project? That would be great. In that manner it would be possible to use the plugins without any oversampling while mixing and then activting OS-mode when bouncing down the whole song. Of course even today it IS possible to activate and de-activate OS-mode manually but that's .... well, a process for 40 plugins. :D

Regards Jens
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Thank you for your nice feedback!

Well, 2xoversampling uses 2xDSP code + CPU for up/downsampling LP filter. With 40 instances this could lead to drop-outs, depending on the system.

As CS-3301 OS impacts sound significantly we think you would like to have same results during mixing and off-line rendering.
In any case we will think about switching off OS globally, sure.

Return to “Effects”