Izotope Music Production Bundle Upgrade Question (19/07/2016 - 30% off Deal for upgrades)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Friends of KVR

I have Ozone 7 Advanced and Trash from Izotope and I'm interested in their Izotope Music Production Bundle Upgrade for around 90 USD or so currently at Audio Deluxe / JRRshop.

When I receive this upgrade, I receive a complete new bundle with new licenses or how does it work? The question is if I can sell my license of iZotope 7 Advanced after this upgrade to the bundle or does it require still after the registration my first purchase of Ozone 7 Advanced and Trash 2?

Many thanks in advance
Last edited by MillerSam on Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Duplicates will be created. After you buy the Music Production Bundle you are allowed to sell your older copies of Ozone and Trash if you wish. So basically, once you receive the new bundle Izotope allows you to sell the duplicate licenses wich were used to upgrade since they are now redundant. I did this and it truly is one of the great things about Izotope; they allow the new bundle to create duplicates out of the originals wich you can also sell rather than just causing the new bundle to automatically delete old licenses wich it then replaces. Unless izotope has just changed their policy the answer is yes you can sell both your original plugins used to upgrade once you get your upgrade. It's a great policy wich makes their plugins wich are already well priced to cost even less due to duplicates and their resalability.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

[quote="MillerSam"]Hello Friends of KVR

I have Ozone 7 Advanced and Trash from Izotope and I'm interested in their Izotope Music Production Bundle Upgrade for around 90 USD or so currently at Audio Deluxe / JRRshop. ]

Nevermind...

A few weeks ago I asked iZotope this same question directly and they said no, your existing licenses are absorbed into the new single bundle licence. You effectively forfeit them. I can dig out the email if you wish.

It's still worth it for you to upgrade, though.

I was told via email by izotope directly that you can resale duplicates. This was established in a older thread when the bundle was first released and MANY people have sold their duplicates since then.

There was someone else who was told no just like you but I suspect different people at izotope are saying different things. Maybe some employees are uninformed. I and a dealer was told yes via email and MANY people have sold duplicate licenses in the Market Place. Unless Izotope just now changed their policy there will be duplicate licenses wich can be resold, I know because I and many others have already done this and I got a approval email from Izotope.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Here's what they told me.
The Music Production Bundle would be issued as a single serial number. As your current products would make you eligible for the Bundle upgrade, you would not be able to then transfer the duplicate licenses, as your current products would be included in that bundle.
I would like to know for absolute sure...

The Music Production Bundle is not a single license it has a license number for each of the plugins in the bundle and you will have duplicates if you upgrade from older licenses.

Here's a copy of my email and a thread were several other people were told exactly what I was told. In my email I was told by a Izotope agent named Joel I could sell and I DID SELL.

My email: QUOTE "Joel replied:

Hello,

You are indeed permitted to transfer your duplicated licenses to another user if you would like.

To transfer a license to another user, please contact us directly at sales@izotope.com with the following included in the e-mail:

Name of the new user
E-mail address of the new user
Serial Number of the product you would like to have transferred

For more info on license transfers, please refer to:
http://izotope.com/support/portal/index ... rticle/313

Thank you!" END QUOTE

Uncl E is a dealer and this very question was asked of him in a old thread. Uncle E's response from Izotope went - "Can licenses be resold after they're used to upgrade?"

Our EULA does allow for any iZotope product to be resold." END QUOTE

The above response given to Uncle E is the second post on page 11 here - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=150

On page 18 forum member Fleer stated licenses could be resold in the first post of that page. Then further down the page I was telling a forum member named Gonga that Izotope told me that resale was allowed for duplicates and Gonga was told it wasn't just like you; after my post Fleer posted after me the word "THIS" with arrows pointing up wich meant that he also sold his as well. My post is the 4th and Fleers is the 5th here - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=255

The discussion with me and Gonga continued to page 19 where I was quoted by TEKing66 who agreed with me cause TEKing66 was also given the same info as me from Izope wich he goes on to state. This is on page 19, my post is the 12th post and TEKing66 is the 13th here - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=270

Izotope was even reading and posting in that thread. If you have any problems just show Izotope this thread and that old one.

PS. I really did not want to get this envolved with this thread. This discussion has taken far too much of my time up. If the OP is having doubts just email Izotope and show them the threads where i and others stated otherwise.

EDITED

I can see you are totally embroiled in this subject from a previous experience and your frustration is palpable. I have no reason not to believe what you say.

I had asked an online shop and in the Marketplace gossip thread. After not getting a definitive answer I decided to contact iZotope directly and assumed their response was the final say. Now I'm really confused... but intrigued, obviously.

There wouldn't be any confusion if iZotope spelled out everything in detail in their T's & C's - and had an actual policy and stuck to it. I find it disconcerting that they seem to be telling different customers different things.

sounddesigner wrote:The Music Production Bundle is not a single license it has a license number for each of the plugins in the bundle...
This!

A bit strange because this sounds to good to me :S
Synth Anatomy

MogwaiBoy wrote:I can see you are totally embroiled in this subject from a previous experience and your frustration is palpable. I have no reason not to believe what you say.

I had asked an online shop and in the Marketplace gossip thread. After not getting a definitive answer I decided to contact iZotope directly and assumed their response was the final say. Now I'm really confused... but intrigued, obviously.

There wouldn't be any confusion if iZotope spelled out everything in detail in their T's & C's - and had an actual policy and stuck to it. I find it disconcerting that they seem to be telling different customers different things.
there's an even easier way.

Sell the new unregistered serials of the products you already own. This is what I did and they registered for the buyer 100%.
You get a bunch of serials in the bundle, one for each product, so just register the stuff you want and don't have.

Either iZotope lied to me or they have changed their license upgrade policy.

Guess I could sell my existing licenses beforehand, leaving just Ozone 7 Advanced - and upgrade it from there. Saves worrying about losing licenses in the process.

It's more straightforward with Waves. If you buy individual(s) and upgrade to the bundle, you lose the individual(s). But if you buy bundles (no upgrading) you keep existing individual overlaps.

I believe it is possible, even likely, that iZotope now sells the Music Production Bundle upgrade as one (1) serial instead of several like before.

Just got a mail from Izotope offering me a 30% off coupon for new products and upgrade.
Just check the website and I will get this upgrade for 69 USD which is a good value
Synth Anatomy

Strange I didn't get that email.

Still not sure how this upgrade works. I believe you do lose your existing Ozone 7 Advanced license (and any other existing licenses that you had) in the upgrade process - as that's what I was told just a few weeks ago by Joel @ iZotope.

If you go ahead with it, please tell us what happens.

Return to “Effects”