Hornet Plugins Spikes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-spikes/

"Spikes is a transient processor, thanks to it’s intelligent auto settings you need just one knob to manipulate the sound, but if you want to tweak it every control is there at your fingertips."

Features
  • Relative threshold gain manipulation
  • Adjustable amount of gain applied
  • Adjustable output level
  • Auto output level
  • Upper and lower gain limiting
  • High pass filter on the detector
  • Adjustable detector attack and release
  • Auto release time based on tempo song
  • Gain meter
  • Input and output peak meters
  • Mac OS X (>=10.6 Intel only) and Windows support
  • 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows
  • Audio Units VST2.4, VST3, RTAS and AAX format
This looks quite interesting. Although I'm pretty much set with the NI Transient Shaper this might be a nice little tool to test. 12,99€? You can hardly buy a decent meal for that price.

Beside the font inconsistency (the Amiga 500 pixel font is aweful) the GUI is pretty nice.

What I absolutely like about Hornet is the price and copy protection strategy: no brainer prices and no copy protection at all. Saverio is a decent chap and has always been very helpful. One of my favourite devs with the guys from u-he, klanghelm and Valhalla DSP, who is pretty underrated and overlooked easily. Maybe the stuff is too cheap, and cheap can't be good, right?

Congratulations, Saverio. :)

TheKid wrote:the GUI is pretty nice.
I read somewhere Saverio was going for a Star Trek feel. It's pretty cool, and a bit different too.
TheKid wrote:What I absolutely like about Hornet is the price and copy protection strategy: no brainer prices and no copy protection at all. Saverio is a decent chap and has always been very helpful. One of my favourite devs with the guys from u-he, klanghelm and Valhalla DSP, who is pretty underrated and overlooked easily. Maybe the stuff is too cheap, and cheap can't be good, right?
Yeah, he's a great guy who just creates useful plugins that just work and are priced very, very reasonably (especially during his monthly 40% sale!). I have loads of his plugins; they're not super-sexy or anything, they just do their job well.

I played with Spikes last night and it works very well.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Thank you :)

I hope you enjoy the new plugin as much as i did during development, and yeah I'm try to be a little star trek :D right now it feels cool to me.

Saverio

A new plug?

I thought there was problems with Hornet plugins spiking :D

Numanoid wrote:A new plug?

I thought there was problems with Hornet plugins spiking :D
same here. It's a little disappointing :lol:

I like Hornet plugs and have a bunch of them. Unfortunately, there are ones I really liked the sound and features, but doesn't work on my primary DAW. But I still keep an eye on Hornet news and test every update and new plugin released. :tu:

I was joking, I felt like helping solve a problem. I like hornet alright. I have all the ones I'm interested in so far though.

I also like my Hornet plugs :)

Filter solo is one of my go-to filters

Thanky you all guys!

alvfaria wrote:I like Hornet plugs and have a bunch of them. Unfortunately, there are ones I really liked the sound and features, but doesn't work on my primary DAW. But I still keep an eye on Hornet news and test every update and new plugin released. :tu:
On which DAW are you having problems, and which plugins?

Saverio

Return to “Effects”