New Amp simulator "DR Gain"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Simulate Marshall sound Modded whith more Gain!.

Featured:
High Gain channel.
Load your IR Cab.
Noise Gate.
Preamp mode Full/Half.

DOWNLOAD Now!!
http://damyfx.altervista.org/vst-plugin/dr-gain.html

dameco wrote:whith more Gain!.
Does it go to eleven?

VST 32 Bit
Say it ain't another synthedit plugin! Boo :(

I'd happily donate to get a great sounding plugin (and who doesn't want a great sounding Marshall?) but I just can't hand over money for something written using, well, ancient technology.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
I'd happily donate to get a great sounding plugin (and who doesn't want a great sounding Marshall?) but I just can't hand over money for something written using, well, ancient technology.
Ironic, how old's Marshall technology? :wink:

cprompt wrote:
Ironic, how old's Marshall technology? :wink:

resynthesis wrote:Ironic, how old's Marshall technology? :wink:
Older is not necessarily better ;)

cprompt wrote:
VST 32 Bit
Say it ain't another synthedit plugin! Boo :(

Looks like Synthmaker/Flowstone judging by the knobs.

And I don't really follow your argument, unless you also don't buy any plugs coded in C++ either, that's been around *far* longer than SE and SM. ;)

.......mà...no comment :dog:

cprompt wrote:
resynthesis wrote:Ironic, how old's Marshall technology? :wink:
Older is not necessarily better ;)
Almost all "modern" amps are based on either Marshall or Fender (maybe a few boutique based on Vox) so.....

Can I get a trial of this or something? Donationware is fine but I don't want to donate before actually giving it a shot.

Yes, click on "Download Demo".

Chris-S wrote:Yes, click on "Download Demo".
Did not exist at the time I asked the question, he posted that up this morning (my time, anyway) and I tried it and now I'm going to buy it. Basically a really nice, thick but defined Marshall hard rock tone. If I had to compare it to an amp, I wouldn't, but it's got about as much gain available as like a Triple Super Lead but its tone is more late '70s / '80s Marshall IMO.

I have not yet made use of the IR loader or the noise gate. I would like there to be an input trim / boost option, as I have guitars of differing output and most software can handle that now. I'm buying it before those happen because I really like the tone. Mixes easy.

I wish it were made with a language that allows it to be compiled at the native processing resolution of my OS and DAW, but that's my main quibble. Reaper is very good at bridging plugins in my experience and I'm getting no issues doing so, but any time I can get a version that's "meant" for my setup I prefer it. And of course cross-platform is pretty limited with a 32-bit windows VST.

Also, wouldn't mind if the page where you make a donation had an English version, but I think I'm working my way through it :p Always good to make it easy for folks to give you money for your stuff!

thanks a lot for your suggestions

It sounds quite nice, but the demo hiss is horrible and obnoxious - it's too loud and goes on for too long. If you want to make a demo version of your plugin, do what Mercuriall does - lock down some of the controls (like the tone controls) but other than make it completely unrestricted.

So yeah, quite nice, but not €5 of nice I'm afraid, not when the LePou plugins are 32/64 bit AND free.

Great sound! Doesn't matter how you got there, there ye be!

Reminds me of Grindmachine, which is also great, but maybe your DR
has the edge in bass/low-mid range?

Cheers

Return to “Effects”