Looking for the guitar amp simulator with the cleanest possible sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote:
michaeltn86 wrote:Some experienced guitar players say that they choose the guitar they will be playing according to the amp they will be playing. The more the time passes, the more i agree.
Personally I find that rather nonsensical tbh...
I actually agree with 'michaeltn86's words, but I do the opposite, I choose the matched amp for my guitar because i only got one guitar :D

And about lowering the pickup, that is absolutely true too! The tone become cleaner and just boost the pre-gain if want to get full-distorted sound

michaeltn86 wrote:there are many reasons that players in general change guitar in stage. Even for cosmetic reasons, but again, just my opinion (there is a whole discussion for tone wood, electronics, cables, and so many other nuances).
Hah, "cosmetic reasons" - I?m pretty sure that's true, yes! :lol: :-D

B.t.w.: the wood of neither body nor neck nor fretboard has got an influence on the tone of any solid body electric - that's just a myth. :)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

kinwie wrote:
And about lowering the pickup, that is absolutely true too! The tone become cleaner and just boost the pre-gain if want to get full-distorted sound
Oh yes, absolutely! The pickups are (together with the strings and playing technique) what defines the tone of an electric guitar and so their position and distance to the strings have a huge significance.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Sorry for asking but I am looking for the opposite of this, the dirtiest amp sim, that does thrash, death metal really well.

Dont want to open new thread for similar topic, any suggestions ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Well, u know, everyone has an opinion on that.

For me, even the Color has an effect. If the color affects ur relationship and feel of the guitar, that will affect ur playing. For ITB, even the gui will affect ur playing (workflow etc.)

However, i can't tell the difference when others are playing and that's when i agree with ur comment about toonewood. Hah! ;p

anti_phase wrote:
kinwie wrote:Clean like what?
Like Marty Friedman's "Scenes" tone?
Yes! Never heard of Marty unless in Megadeth, but that`s a very good tone.
Well, if that kind of "glassy clean tone' that you trying to get, as i recall it's a DI type sound. He recorded directly to mixer. And he was using a "strat-like" Fernandes guitar, so it's a single-coil pickup tone.

Clean tone thru an amp will sound differently.

LeVzi wrote:Sorry for asking but I am looking for the opposite of this, the dirtiest amp sim, that does thrash, death metal really well.

Try GrindMachine (free) from Audio assault
It just a bit less on the low-end, but very dirty

michaeltn86 wrote:Well, u know, everyone has an opinion on that.

For me, even the Color has an effect. If the color affects ur relationship and feel of the guitar, that will affect ur playing. For ITB, even the gui will affect ur playing (workflow etc.)
Yes, of course - the look of the guitar is really important - and depending of the body finish, then the wood can have an influence too of course...

However, i can't tell the difference when others are playing and that's when i agree with ur comment about toonewood. Hah! ;p

it's really math and physics rather than an opinion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svmOQuNC1Uw

Jens, i watched and saw tons of videos with that subject. And there was a time that i agreed with ur "it's really math and physics".

However, there is a beautiful phrase in spanish that says "Yo no creo en brujas, pero que las hay, las hay".

That means "i don't believe in witches; however, they do exist".

Just remember ur childhood and how was ur relationship with ur guitar heroes. The relationship u have with ur guitar is not to be overlooked, even when "the truth" is "it's really math and physics".

The same goes for hardware, fanboysm, and even ur girlfriend (or ex-gf). When u put everything down to "it's really math and physics" (when relating to girlfriend please add chemistry), is just not worthy. That's me today haha. anyway got go now. cheers.

jens wrote: B.t.w.: the wood of neither body nor neck nor fretboard has got an influence on the tone of any solid body electric - that's just a myth. :)
BS. I've assembled tons of guitars over the years. You can have varying degrees of tone from different pieces of the same wood, but there *are* definitely differences between (for example) a mahogany bodied Strat with a rosewood fretboard and an ash bodied one with a maple fretboard.

And I play with *huge* amounts of gain/distortion, so it's not just apparent with clean tones.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

LeVzi wrote:Sorry for asking but I am looking for the opposite of this, the dirtiest amp sim, that does thrash, death metal really well.

Thermionik by Kazrog LLC.

(I play thrashy-death metal stuff in open B, so I'm pretty sure you can trust my opinion. :D )

Dominus wrote: there *are* definitely differences between (for example) a mahogany bodied Strat with a rosewood fretboard and an ash bodied one with a maple fretboard.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure - and those frets with huge inlays on them sound totally different to those without any inlays...

Thanks for that great laugh - now my belly aches though... :-D :help:

b.t.w.: mahagony bodies strat??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

jens wrote:b.t.w.: mahagony bodies strat??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yes. I've built a few of them. No worries though, you can't hear the difference anyway, so it shouldn't matter to you.

but I can feel the weight ;)

Return to “Effects”