ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

Definitely bus compressor is the big one of the two, like sibilance is the big deesser and not the one in evoke.

I am interested in buying three of their bus plugins. I could swear there was a bundle, just like with the track plugins. Or am I mistaken? I don't the see bundle on their site.

I like TB stuff a lot, it is CPU efficient, sounds good and is affordable. What more can one ask for...

Module for instance is a rather good chorus, among other things.
The reverb is also pretty good, when you keep in mind how little CPU it uses.

They have released a new plugin today, Morphit, seems to be for headphones...

fluffy_little_something wrote:I am interested in buying three of their bus plugins. I could swear there was a bundle, just like with the track plugins. Or am I mistaken? I don't the see bundle on their site.

I like TB stuff a lot, it is CPU efficient, sounds good and is affordable. What more can one ask for...

Module for instance is a rather good chorus, among other things.
The reverb is also pretty good, when you keep in mind how little CPU it uses.

They have released a new plugin today, Morphit, seems to be for headphones...
There's a track bundle but not a bus bundle...
Prices are imo fair compared with other devs. So no specific is needed to make a good deal.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I am interested in buying three of their bus plugins. I could swear there was a bundle, just like with the track plugins. Or am I mistaken? I don't the see bundle on their site.
You aren't imagining things! There was a Bus Tools bundle a few years back but this disappeared at some point along the way. Perhaps you could argue that this is a good thing since the number of Bus Tools plugins have roughly doubled since then, and giving all these new plugins away for free to anyone with the bundle rather than getting some revenue from them might have meant they never got made. As mentioned above, the individual pricing is pretty reasonable compared to many (most?) commercial products, and the quality is excellent.

msl wrote:
You aren't imagining things! There was a Bus Tools bundle a few years back but this disappeared at some point along the way. Perhaps you could argue that this is a good thing since the number of Bus Tools plugins have roughly doubled since then, and giving all these new plugins away for free to anyone with the bundle rather than getting some revenue from them might have meant they never got made. As mentioned above, the individual pricing is pretty reasonable compared to many (most?) commercial products, and the quality is excellent.
Module got added to the Track Essentials bundle afterwards, but AFAIK previous owners of the bundle didn't get it for free. As you know, each plugin in the bundle has its own licence file; it just means, for example, buyers of the "new" bundle get 4 plugins instead of 3.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Thanks for the information. I didn't know the Track Essentials bundle worked that way; just getting licenses for the plugins at the point in time you bought the bundle.

Ooo nice! Glad I bought that like 10 yrs ago.

Nice announcement indeed. Still my most go-to transparent limiter...

Though don't know if I like that Fabfilter look yet. But if all UI's are now ported to be resizable... hm...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Speaking of Fabfilter, I wonder how the new Barricade compares to Pro-L

Don't like the update policy for Barracuda, I'm an older barricade v3 user, no upgrade possible, damn

http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-barricade-v4/ wrote:Easier registration / activation process using activation code rather than a key file
Hmmm...riiight, cause to place a keyfile in the same folder as the .dll file was anything but easy?

Svama wrote:Don't like the update policy for Barracuda, I'm an older barricade v3 user, no upgrade possible, damn
Yes, shame - me too. Though, will probably buy it at some point. Even at 30.00 euro you know its going to be a great (value-for-money) purchase... I use my Barricade v3 an awful lot.! :hyper:

@compyfox - not sure about the UI 'look' either; all gone a bit FabFilter Pro-L/Acon Digital if you ask me... (nothing wrong with that; but would've preferred TB do something very much their own...)

Bob
Last edited by thebutler on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Will the other plugins get that GUI update too? I like it, and am considering the track essentials bundle.

Svama wrote:Don't like the update policy for Barracuda, I'm an older barricade v3 user, no upgrade possible, damn
Bummer, me too :(

Return to “Effects”