Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PhoenixVerb At $49 is a real steal...

https://www.exponentialaudio.com/latest ... DeV_RR3Ysk
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

An absolute steal!

I was almost upset at first as I paid three times this price. You need ilok and it is NFR, but Phoenixverb for the same price as Valhalla plugins is a no brainer (and I love and own all the Valhalla verbs too!)

Nice one Michael! :)

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

I realise PhoenixVerb is highly praised and the price is unbelievably good, hey I've paid parking fine twice as much.

The question is do I really need this?

This is THE definition of a no brainer if you don't own it or Nimbus already.
rsp
sound sculptist

Is this ilok dongle only or will it work with a software ilok account?

Wow this is amazing! So you can have one of the best reverbs there is (IMO) for $49 and then upgrade to Nimbus for $119? That's even better than the intro price, I think.

Go get it! I can't recommend them enough. In fact, all Exponential Audio plugins are marvelous, IMO.

I'm trying the demo and putting it up against the Artsacoustic reverb and much prefer the Artsacoustic. I thought it would be much better since the normal price is so high. Of course this is very subjective and just my personal tastes. But sorta glad I can save $50.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

VitaminD wrote:Is this ilok dongle only or will it work with a software ilok account?
Looks like it requires a physical ilok dongle so thats another 30-50 dollars added to the price.

Plus, if you look carefully, this 49 dollar Phoenix verb license is an NFR.

ATS wrote:I'm trying the demo and putting it up against the Artsacoustic reverb and much prefer the Artsacoustic. I thought it would be much better since the normal price is so high. Of course this is very subjective and just my personal tastes. But sorta glad I can save $50.
Phoenix verb is in the same category as FabFilter Pro-R. It's very "clean" and thus for some people it will sound "boring". It's main purpose is to place stuff in realistic sounding spaces and at that task there are hardly better alternatives. Phoenix verb is definitely in the top 5 of this category in my opinion.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

VitaminD wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Is this ilok dongle only or will it work with a software ilok account?
Looks like it requires a physical ilok dongle so thats another 30-50 dollars added to the price.

Exactly. Add iLok cost which here is about 80$ and suddenly it's not so appealing deal at all.
No signature here!

VitaminD wrote:

49$ = 49Euro?

Thanks, going elsewhere.... :roll:

And then they try to sell you the Ninbus for 199$ And for full price phoenix owners like me, no way to sell the plugin for a decent price in case we want to upgrade to ninbus for a more decent amount...Nice move!

Great reverb for realistic sense of space, can be invisible but you miss it when you bypass it...
Last edited by Chandran on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shame, would probably have gotten it without the physical dongle requirement.

For me this reverb is too clean, I prefer Valhalla. But without doubt it's an excellent reverb and for $49 a no-brainer.
Last edited by 4damind on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damn! I was really hoping for a better deal for existing Phoenix owners to upgrade to Nimbus (because that is what it would be despite the marketing). And Nimbus still isn't included in bundles so I can't take into account the fact that I own all their other stereo verbs either.

Return to “Effects”