Multiband stutter, reverse, scratch, tape-stop, glitch: Cableguys TimeShaper out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimeShaper

Is the TimeShaper only for STUTTER, REVERSE, SCRATCH AND GLITCH?

Can it do it's thing in a smooth way so it can be use for ambient tracks?

Kalamata Kid wrote:Can it do it's thing in a smooth way so it can be use for ambient tracks?
Absolutely! It has a very good crystal clear sound without digital artifacts, and you can set it's LFOs to very slow values if you want to.

The GUI looks lovely !

So does that means there are more shapers to come for the box?
I mean who does not want shapers in the box to go :tu:
(i wish someday for a Cableguys iOS app box because these would work great on a touch screen....i know it will not happen, but i can hope and dream)

Cinebient wrote:So does that means there are more shapers to come for the box?
You bet. 8) There's enough space left (and that's probably why one can only activate one type of shaper per instance...).

Playing with it since the server got fixed I must say that it works like charm compared to MRythmizer mostly because of a) much better filter(s) and b) way more comfortable curve manipulation. :tu:

elassi wrote:one can only activate one type of shaper per instance...
You can only have one ShaperBox Demo per song, but within that, you can add all Shapers (so you can add TimeShaper, FilterShaper Core, VolumeShaper 5, PanShaper 2 and WidthShaper at the same time).

I'm already using the full package. 8)

The idea of using (e.g.) more than one Filter within a single ShaperBox is to use them in serial mode. Or, when talking about TimeShaper, to combine Stutter1 and Pitch for example.

Anyway, happy with it anyway.

elassi wrote:I'm already using the full package. 8)

The idea of using (e.g.) more than one Filter within a single ShaperBox is to use them in serial mode. Or, when talking about TimeShaper, to combine Stutter1 and Pitch for example.

Anyway, happy with it anyway.
Ah right - for this you need to use the plugin twice. The reason why we can only add one TimeShaper within ShaperBox, or only one FilterShaper Core etc, is the VST / AU standards. We want that all parameters can be automated, but for this, we need to tell the DAW at startup how many parameters we have, and what their names are. So this could not be changed afterwards, and puts limitations.

Regarding more Shapers to come: Let's see!
Last edited by Jakob / Cableguys on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamata Kid wrote:Is the TimeShaper only for STUTTER, REVERSE, SCRATCH AND GLITCH?

Can it do it's thing in a smooth way so it can be use for ambient tracks?
I haven't use this one specifically, but putting StutterEdit or something else along those lines on a delay or reverb send or on a narrow range within a multiband context can add some movement without overwhelming the track.

I'm kind of surprised that Panshaper2 was just released as a paid upgrade. Version 1 was released less than a year ago. Are they trying to complete with iZotope for rapid paid upgrades?

masterhiggins wrote:I'm kind of surprised that Panshaper2 was just released as a paid upgrade. Version 1 was released less than a year ago. Are they trying to complete with iZotope for rapid paid upgrades?
Owner of PanShaper 1 get PanShaper 2 plus the new WidthShaper for free. If you own PanShaper 1, then PanShaper 2 and WidthShaper are already in your user account waiting for you..

Ah and owners of FilterShaper 3 get the new FilterShaper Core for free, owners of VolumeShaper 4 get VolumeShaper 5 for free.

Ah. Sorry about that. I was confused because my account shows panshaper 1.7 as the latest version. Then underneath it it says panshaper 2 is included in the shaper box plugin but I didn't know that the shaperbox bundle was included in my account already. Thanks.

holy shit! i was just coming back home and then i saw all these Shaperisms ... so i went to my account and there is all this SHappiness :hug: : thank you very much for the free upgrades and for the Width Shaper, Jakob!
now is the time meti tme emi tmi eti ite me mi ti te e i t t t m :-o :phones:
"It dreamed itself along"

wow! cable guys been workin' overtime. unique and ingenious audio mangling tool and workflow. very cool!
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

Return to “Effects”