MTurboReverb preset making action, let's make the ultimate reverb! ;)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MTurboReverb

Yes, but there could be a cheaper version without access to the edit screen.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ah of course, thanks!

Hehe you were worried I'd remove the Edit screen altogether right? :) Do not ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Yes, but there could be a cheaper version without access to the edit screen.
Exactly! The depth of this plugin could easily command a high price. It's something that could be justified by those who want to roll up their sleeves, and dig deep into the programming. However, for those who might just want to benefit from these effects, but have zero interest in that side of things, the price might be a barrier to entry

Soarer wrote:What are you talking about? Isn't that the idea that we have the easy screen/GUI and when we want to go deeper we go into edit mode? Seems like the perfect way to get both.
A player version for those who can't affort $200 or so

edit: looks like that has been already answered :wink:

keep the edit screen alive, it´s a serious toy that has no competition so far!! :love: :love:

From following the conversations so far, it looks like this is a new breed of plugin altogether! MTurboDelay next?

MeldaProduction wrote:Thanks folks :love:

Chandler:
- Be careful with the E/R, when you change it with the XY pad, people may then change the value itself, and then when they touch E/R again, it would change again. Maybe instead of doing this, try changing the ranges of the E/R multiparameter?

- Yes, there hopefully should be folders for Halls, Rooms, Crazy stuff etc.

- I suppose there will be some time to make classic presets. But maybe that would go after some preliminary public beta release or something, or maybe even after the final release. After all the active presets are worth far more than presets, but they also serve as presets.
-About the ERs, I'm changing the multi parameter and I'm also disabling the XY pad when the ER control is active and disabling the ER control when the XY pad is active. I basically made 2 modes, so it can be used as an insert or a send effect. I'll send it to you in a few days once I've finished it.

-Sounds good.

- Glad to hear it. I'm sure people will appreciate having theee normal types of presets. This should be easier than making active presets, so it should go faster.

- The idea of a cheaper preset player is good IMO. Not only would it be good for customers it would also allow for preset packs to be sold.

Thanks for the analysis feature and the smart seed. So far it seems like an easier way to find good sounds and compare sounds.

Chandlerhimself wrote: -About the ERs, I'm changing the multi parameter and I'm also disabling the XY pad when the ER control is active and disabling the ER control when the XY pad is active. I basically made 2 modes, so it can be used as an insert or a send effect. I'll send it to you in a few days once I've finished it.
Hmmm, be careful with that. There will be lots of active presets without 2D positioning, so I think trying to do both at the same time will backfire. But who knows...
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Hehe you were worried I'd remove the Edit screen altogether right? :) Do not ;)
No no, I just didn't understand what exactly you guys meant. Nevermind :)

I'm not really making any active presets myself since I don't think I have much to contribute with that is better than the present ones. I did also mess around with making an ER only active preset for creating dept and for positioning. For this I think MTurboReverb is unparalleled.

Hey
Is anybody doing a shimmer preset. I tried and failed miserably.
Also Adaptiverb would be nice.
The pitched presets elude me.
Spencer

yes, I´m working on a shimmer like, pitched reverb preset - but it´s not ready, yet.... :wink:

I dont know how many of you guys remember Gino Vannelli, but I am working on the sound of his plates. 3 presets. Vocal, Percussion and Syhths. He use a trick where he sends direct to the plate and then through a tape delay.
Spencer

spencerlee wrote:I dont know how many of you guys remember Gino Vannelli, but I am working on the sound of his plates. 3 presets. Vocal, Percussion and Syhths. He use a trick where he sends direct to the plate and then through a tape delay.
Spencer
:wink: good idea!

I argue most usually on the side of the customer (I am one), however this time the balance seems to be getting too much on that side.
As this MTurboReverb is coming to be, this is not just the ultimate reverb in the sense that it might emulate and better every existing one, but it could be the MMotherReverb, meaning that it could produce all reverbs to come.
chris.r wrote:
Soarer wrote:What are you talking about? Isn't that the idea that we have the easy screen/GUI and when we want to go deeper we go into edit mode? Seems like the perfect way to get both.
A player version for those who can't affort $200 or so
MeldaProduction wrote:Yes, but there could be a cheaper version without access to the edit screen.
Therefore, a fair-er product strategy could be to have a version of MTurboReverb, one that is somewhat how it was at early Beta stages, and have it priced around $200. Yes, -as is mentioned in the above quotes- also including its smaller companion the Reverb preset Player to be offered at a reduced price.
PLUS, (an this is the new idea) MMotherReverb the parallel multi processing one to be sold at MXXX pricing levels. Of course the MReverbPlayer would not be able to play the MomVerb presets.
werzel wrote:From following the conversations so far, it looks like this is a new breed of plugin altogether! MTurboDelay next?
The MTurboDelay was proposed earlier at MForums, however I agree werzel; MTurboReverb is becoming a new league of its own, different and superior to the Melda "Turbo" family. And if it is such, it would be better named and priced differently. Of course "Mother" is a joke, but I hope gets the message across.

///I'm truly amazed by what I witnessed happening here, at many levels. :love:

Return to “Effects”