Black Rooster Audio releases the VLA-3A

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VLA-3A

ImNotDedYet wrote:I've tried to demo it, but each time I opened the DAW it prompts me. I then enter my login information only to be told login failed. I gave up trying to demo it.
There is also an offline activation if the online one does not work. Once you activate it you won't be prompted ever again.

There are some issues with Studio One i believe, contact them via the support page if you're having problems.
It's easy if you know how

ImNotDedYet wrote:
DJErmac wrote:The installation process is crazy : I've given up. Let's forget the fact that they ask for a LICENCE for a FREE and a DEMO plugin. Let's forget the fact that it DOESN'T install the plugins in the directory you specify so you have to find where the hell they are before you can run them. The thing is : the offline mode needs copying serial/ID/long-things and the copy/paste function doesn't work on their window, moreover I simply don't understand why all I can do is open a destination directory from this window. I'll try to understand all this some other day.
I've tried to demo it, but each time I opened the DAW it prompts me. I then enter my login information only to be told login failed. I gave up trying to demo it.
Lesha wrote: There is also an offline activation if the online one does not work. Once you activate it you won't be prompted ever again.

There are some issues with Studio One i believe, contact them via the support page if you're having problems.
Same thing happened to me (and I am using S1).

I just uninstalled; it's probably nice, but didn't really need another compressor or leveling amp.

We have identified a minor bug in our online licensing system, that might have been the cause for the described issues. Please log in to MyAccount and reset you password in order to allow the online activation from the plug-in site.

All the best,
André
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

BlackRooster wrote:We have identified a minor bug in our online licensing system, that might have been the cause for the described issues. Please log in to MyAccount and reset you password in order to allow the online activation from the plug-in site.

All the best,
André
A bug that prevents people from authorizing software is not a minor bug. Just say'in. Keep it real.

OK. I've installed the plugins again. I've tried the three different activation modes shown in the video : the plugin still doesn't work. Since I get no error message or anything, I don't know what's going wrong. When I use the *.cmd file, the plugin still doesn't work, when I enter the serial that shows on my online account, the plugin still doesn't work, and when I activate online, the licensing system also closes itself but the plugin still doesn't work.

Windows 8.1 64, Cubase Pro 9 64, VLA2A 64.

And I confirm that the installer doesn't care what folder you choose. The plugin always ends here :
C:\Program Files\Black Rooster Audio\Plug-Ins\VLA-2A.bundle\Contents\x64\VLA-2A.dll

I'm afraid something is very wrong with the installer and the licensing system for the moment.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote:OK. I've installed the plugins again. I've tried the three different activation modes shown in the video : the plugin still doesn't work. Since I get no error message or anything, I don't know what's going wrong. When I use the *.cmd file, the plugin still doesn't work, when I enter the serial that shows on my online account, the plugin still doesn't work, and when I activate online, the licensing system also closes itself but the plugin still doesn't work.

Windows 8.1 64, Cubase Pro 9 64, VLA2A 64.

And I confirm that the installer doesn't care what folder you choose. The plugin always ends here :
C:\Program Files\Black Rooster Audio\Plug-Ins\VLA-2A.bundle\Contents\x64\VLA-2A.dll

I'm afraid something is very wrong with the installer and the licensing system for the moment.
Dear DJErmac,

please go to our FAQs on http://blackroosteraudio.com/faq.html and read the section "Your plug-ins don't show up in my plug-in folder, why is that?" - what you're experiencing with the installer is normal and intentional. The Legacy VST support option is what you're looking for.

When you say, "the plug-in still doesn't work", what exactly does that mean? Doesn't it show up in Cubase' plug-in list or does it still show up as unauthorized? In the latter case, can you let us know under which email you registered so we can check if anything is wrong with the license in your account?

Thanks.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

I mean : the plugins show correctly in Cubase, the online login/activation seems to work, but in the plugin, tweaking the settings produce no change to the sound. I've uninstalled/reinstalled/re-authorized online/offline, same result. Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the bad news, I hope that's only me. I'll contact the support directly then.

Due to the overwhelming amount of requests we are now offering the VLAs in the bundle. Please click the above image or add the products VLA-2A & VLA-3A to your cart and checkout with the promo code: "2017_vla_bundle".

Thank you for your support!
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

You guys should take a look at Hornet Audio and Klanghelm and their copy protection: none. And they are in business for years now. Better keep investing in some great sounding plugins instead of a "customer protection".

Edit: The VLA bundle offer is available until the end of February, sorry for the mistake, the Facebook countdown is not correct.

The GUI is impressive and the video looks very very interesting, but I gave up on the installation. If you need to watch a 6 minute video to install a demo plugin, then I think you'll have to reconsider your strategy.
+1 for Hornet Audio... even an iLok activation looks much easier than this.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

Timman wrote:The GUI is impressive and the video looks very very interesting, but I gave up on the installation. If you need to watch a 6 minute video to install a demo plugin, then I think you'll have to reconsider your strategy.
+1 for Hornet Audio... even an iLok activation looks much easier than this.
I had no problem activating it, it's pretty straightforward.

I don't know what the problem was, but now the activation works for me. I re-downloaded and re-installed the plugins before my trial expires, and the online activation worked immediatly.

Mmm Ok I think I will wait until the hassle is over. I refuse to install something that's not hassle free. 2017 you dont expect things like this.

Daimonicon wrote:Mmm Ok I think I will wait until the hassle is over. I refuse to install something that's not hassle free. 2017 you dont expect things like this.
There is a new freebie coming up soon.
It may or may not change your mind, but I thought others will appreaciate the news :)

Return to “Effects”