What's your favorite reverb, and for which purpose?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pro-R, or the built-in FL ones for vst.

In reason, there are a few other choices. I'm not into collecting verbs anymore, I use it for what it's needed to be and I'm done with it.

Fleer wrote:Among the regular ones I do like Valhalla VintageVerb and Eventide Blackhole quite a bit, the former for coloring and the latter for its slider.
However, two other reverbs are the ultimate in my book: FabFilter Pro-R and Zynaptiq Adaptiverb. Together they represent the best of software reverberation IMNSHO.
While both of those are on my list, with Adaptiverb being much much higher than Pro-R, I'm quite happy with Ircam Verb3 and I think that it's pretty up there in terms of "the best."

2CAudio B2. For everything.

I'm usualy satisfied with reverbs that come with VST instruments. How could possibly I improve Nexus sound or Sylenth by turning their reverb and pluging in something else. The same goes for guitar amp /fx simulations.

Atza wrote:I'm usualy satisfied with reverbs that come with VST instruments. How could possibly I improve Nexus sound or Sylenth by turning their reverb and pluging in something else. The same goes for guitar amp /fx simulations.
Is that meant to be sarcastic, or are you seriously asking a question? Because you can absolutely improve the sound of some patches by turning off the built in effects and using external ones. Some reverbs are ok, frankly, some are terrible.

But that's neither here nor there when we are talking about using reverb to help define the space that contains a production.

VintageVerb has been my mainstay for years - for everything.

Also love Blackhole for otherwordly spaciousness or experimental and Valhalla Room for high def beauty.

I have never gotten into convolution and I probably should. Recommend me something..!

MogwaiBoy wrote:Recommend me something..!
Previous page:
Michael L wrote:I very much like Reverberate2
http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_reverberate.htm
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael L wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:Recommend me something..!
Previous page:
Michael L wrote:I very much like Reverberate2
http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_reverberate.htm
Seconded. Definitely one of the better bargains of this Black Friday season. The dev is a nice guy as well, if you are about that sort of thing.

Valhalla Vintage and Plate (Plate for a more "invisible" reverb and for percussion)
Eventide Blackhole for pitched/not so real "big rooms" (replaced for me ValhallaShimmer).
Eventide Ultraverb (excellent and very CPU-efficient reverb for all kind of sounds)

Melda convolution for most things, Lagrange often as a reverb that is not actually reverb, sometimes Tim Exile's Slow or Synite Audio Differberator for more pronounced and abstract reverb effects. Metaverb Green inside Blocks patches. Sometimes Rounds or even Ableton Reverb (which replaced signaldust's Abstract Chamber), there's many uses for verb where the plugin itself or it's properties don't matter all that much to me, as long as there's some sort or reverb and it's not terrible.

I want a real spring reverb one day.

VVV is my goto, so much variation in the algorithms everything is covered.

Recently I've found Sandford Reverb getting a lot of use, sometimes it's just seems subtler than VVV, fits better with more ambient pieces.

I also use the reverbs in Ubermod a lot too for more 'characterful' reverbs (TapeVerb preset for instance). Also Reaktors Spacemaster and Floodverb, both have bags of character.

ultraspace and übermod intensively for tempo-synced reverb, that are used most of the cases

IKM CSR Suite all the way. Maybe they are dated but I feel comfortable with them and I have programmed a lot of presets over the years that are working for me. And I like the mod possibilities they offer.

Other than that I use TAL Reverbs a lot especially the 4th if I need something really quick.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

synzh wrote:2CAudio B2. For everything.
B2 is often mentioned so I decided to check out the
audio demos.

Wow!

http://www.2caudio.com/products/b2#_overview

But rather expensive. $175

Return to “Effects”