Best emulations bundle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I want to get some emulation plug ins, currently using Live included effects, specially for eq and compression. I want to try a different flavor of tools so I am looking for some bundle.

I am testing soundtoys but it only has a limiter (devil loc), 2 eq's (radiator and siq) and saturation (decapitator) and even if it is quite cheap with the sale I don't have much use for the rest (I prefer Replika XT for the delays and spatial effects). No compressor included.

Softube bundle is also on sale and it seems interesting, more compressors and eq's included. I also need some amp emulations but if their stuff is the same quality as the ones they did for Live then I don't think it adds much (i think the amp included in Live sucks). But it also includes two instruments which sounds quite great (modular and heartbeat) so it seems like a very diverse and usefull bundle. Seems like greatv alue.

Then there is NI vintage compressors, solid series and premium series which seems like a good bunch but I don't know how they compare to other developers, maybe I would go for Komplete ultimate to get it all plus a lot of instruments (some of them I really need as the orchestral stuff).

I took a look at Plugin Alliance stuff and seems like a mix of everything but overall seems more expensive.

Slate, it has a good bundle but I don't why Slate himselfs puts me off with his marketing. And in some conent it seems really redundant.

Kush, very few stuff included, I don't want a physical ilok (which I will have to get shipped to my country).

Last there is waves but I am not familiar with their stuff and the WUp seems like a waste of money.

Or maybe I should pick some great stuff form different developers? Something Like saturn, presswerk, satin, TDR eq's?
dedication to flying

Plugin Alliance do have decent sales. Quite regular too. Their emulations do sound great.

Also a big fan the Waves Studio Classics and Abbey Road Bundles, even though I'm not a Beatles or Stones fan.

I like IK Multimedia T-Racks effort too. Although the over sampling can be quite intense.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Waves Abbey Road is worth looking at - you only need the WUP if you want to update after the frist year or want to transfer it to someone (after the 1st year of WUP runs out) - WUP is just another plugin dev quirk, best not to fight against it and accept these things in exchange for access to the vendors products.

The Softube bundle is very nice and there is a wide range of really good emulations and tools in that. There are some go-to tools in there for me for sure.

The granddaddy though is Nebula 4 and its associated 3rd party libraries. I use N4 on everything.

As mentioned the Plugin Alliance products are excellent and they have some bundles available. Also many on my go-to list.

I also have Waves CLA compressors and IK's compressor bundle - both are very nice but CLA is new for me so I don't have enough info to compare them yet.

I haven't used them but people are talking favourably about the Black Rooster products. Probably also worth looking at.

For me, if I had to pick one "bundle" it would be N4. Don't let the included library seduce you (as it did me) because the factory library is merely ok. the real power is in the 3rd party libraries. But you can end up spending many $1000's on libaries for N4 (ask me how I know).

Softube vol1 is great value...currently $264 at everyplugin & plugindiscounts.

While not a bundle or pure hardware emulation, per say, the McDSP 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip offers a lot of tools for the cost of the entry and is on sale for this month.

The said VST includes 28 different modules, including compressors, EQs, filters, saturators and gates/expanders. Some of compressors and EQs are based on particular hardware units, but given a McDSP tweak.

Although I have all of my hardware emulation needs cover, I purchased the McDSP 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip last month on a whim, as it was also on sale at that time, and did not expect to use it much. However, I am loving it and it is finding its way into all of my recent projects.

The cheapest price I found, when I purchased it, was at Everyplugin.com for $116.59. However, another vendor might have a lower price at this time.

simon.a.billington wrote:Plugin Alliance do have decent sales. Quite regular too. Their emulations do sound great.

Also a big fan the Waves Studio Classics and Abbey Road Bundles, even though I'm not a Beatles or Stones fan.

I like IK Multimedia T-Racks effort too. Although the over sampling can be quite intense.

This.

This is just my opinion, but, when it comes to EQ and Compressor emulations I find it better to pick them up one at a time to give me time to understand how it fits into my workflow and what's really unique about it.

So that really gives the nod to PA and Waves. Only buy them on great sale and don't be tempted by their many "ok" sales.

I have the NI stuff and, TBH, I'm not all that impressed with them. They're ok, but I've pretty much stopped using them since my Waves tools have filled out a bit. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of NI stuff and Reaktor is still the king of my studio, but I don't use their basic EQ/Compressor tools that come with Komplete very much anymore.

plexuss wrote:I haven't used them but people are talking favourably about the Black Rooster products. Probably also worth looking at.
+1

There may not be many right now, but their emulations are top-notch and the new Blueface SC-5 is a great sounding, very versatile compressor, it's on sale till the end of this month.

These guys previously worked at Plugin Alliance on some of the great emulations that PA released recently like Opticom XLA-3, HG-2, etc..

Demo them and decide for yourself
https://blackroosteraudio.com/pluginstore.html
It's easy if you know how

If we talk about bundles only, I love Waves SSL 4000 and Waves Abbey Road a lot. So many nice emulations and good sounding plugins. What is great, they add neat small things on top of just emulations, like M/S mode in RS56 for example.

Not talking about specifically emulation _bundles_, I like a lot the Vertigo VSC-2, which is a plugin version of their hardware compressor, the Waves Scheps 73 that models Neve 1073 pre-amp and EQ, and again, has a nice topping of M/S mode, and Waves NLS which models three different renowned consoles summing.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Waves SSL bundle
Waves APi bundle

in terms of it being a bundle and being emulations they're the best

you can also get both SSL and APi in the "Studio Classics Collection"

but don't buy them on Waves' site they're always super expensive

checkout these web stores they do sales i got the SSL and APi for less

https://plugindiscounts.com
https://www.audiodeluxe.com
https://www.jrrshop.com
http://store.dontcrack.com
https://www.bestservice.de/en
http://everyplugin.com

Everyplugin usually is the cheapest
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

^ this is actually what I did. Waited until the best price at Audiodeluxe (I think, better to monitor them all for yourself) for the Studio Classics Collection, which is usually sold at a really great price once a year. Never regretted this one.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

I agree with what has been said, althoug I dislike Waves Central and WUP, when on sale you can get nice emulations for 19-29$ + couon code discounts + extra discounts via everyplugin.com it's hard to pass on on them as you wont really get anything better at this price range. Same for Plugin Alliance we plugin collectors pretty much came to the same conclusion dealing with those little annoyances gives the best bang for the bucks and have great tools to work with. There is no need to rush there are hundreds of demos to try out take your time, make your list and grab them on sale. Bundles are cool to start with but I find many of them wont get used overtime. Althoug I agree the Plug and Mix for the price even if you use just a couple is well worth it. Second hand I paid 50$ for lifetime updates and all the new ones are free I just got an extra couple ones recently also the chainer that comes with it is very cool!
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Return to “Effects”