Klanghelm SDRR 2 and IVGI 2 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IVGI SDRR

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Fab update, looking forward to DC8C3!
is that wishful thinking or a breach of NDA? :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

No conspiracy theory BS - Tony talked about this on Page 1
viewtopic.php?p=6808722#p6808722

Sahul wrote:Just one question: Is a VST3 version of SDRR2 planned? I was using that one with 1.1, and it has been a surprise noticing that it is not available anymore with the new update.
There haven't been VST3 versions for Klanghelm tools in quite a while.

I seem to remember discussions about this many, many months ago, that this might be related to issues with the JUCE Framework and the VST3.x SDK. In fact, just hit Google or the JUCE Forum directly and read the drama about VST3:
https://www.google.de/search?q=JUCE+VST ... T+3+issues

Ultimately only Tony can answer as to why - everything else is speculation.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Hello,

I would like to report that something weird with SDRR2 (and VUMT Deluxe which are the only Klanghelm plugins I have with scalable GUI).

In REAPER, reducing the GUI scale, or hiding sections in VUMTD, causes scrollbars appearing and even double clicking on empty plugin window region does not always fix things. Going on with attempts to fix brings to even stranger render artefacts.

I guess something is not right about how the plugin reports the change of size - or something is wrong in REAPER about it - or both :)

Tony, could you kindly give it a check? This is especially annoying with VUMTD because it also has dynamic sections beside GUI scale.

As a side note, I thought a good way to "reward" the free upgrade to SDRR2 and support Klanghelm was purchasing another Klanghelm plugin I was missing - VUMTD indeed ;)

Thanks a lot,
Mario

mabian wrote:In REAPER, reducing the GUI scale, or hiding sections in VUMTD, causes scrollbars appearing and even double clicking on empty plugin window region does not always fix things. Going on with attempts to fix brings to even stranger render artefacts.
To fix it, you only need to left-click the lower right corner and then ever so slightly drag it outwards...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
mabian wrote:In REAPER, reducing the GUI scale, or hiding sections in VUMTD, causes scrollbars appearing and even double clicking on empty plugin window region does not always fix things. Going on with attempts to fix brings to even stranger render artefacts.
To fix it, you only need to left-click the lower right corner and then ever so slightly drag it outwards...
Hi Jens,

thank you for that. Yes I confirm that it dragging the lower right corner of REAPER plugin (chain also) window helps, but I guess you can agree that this is not how it should work...

- Mario

jens wrote:
This happens only in Reaper only on Windows and only when the GUI size gets reduced. You can either use the workaround Jens provided or close and reopen the GUI or click the UI button in Reaper plugin window twice. I initially thought, I just need to redraw the GUI after the resizing in Reaper to workaround this, but unfortunately that doesn't help, and it seems as there is nothing I can do about it from the plugin side of things. Reaper receives the correct size of the GUI. If this wouldn't be the case, the GUI just would appear clipped without the additional scroll bars. So it's more likely that Reaper uses a slightly too small window to hold the plugin GUI, and that is something I can't control from within the plugin.

Tony
Last edited by tonhelm on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Tony, reported in Cockos forum, linking to your post:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=193099

- Mario

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Any chance that we will see pure Klanghelm FET compressor any time soon? My money is ready...

A suite of Tube EQs has to be next. IT JUST HAS TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Hi all,
I've just uploaded SDRR 2.0.1, which fixes the broken latency reporting in the AAX version, when switching HQ modes.

You can obtain the update from your account at the Klanghelm user area.

Tony

Just an FYI, the CPU usage is a fair bit higher in v2 vs v1, even when HQ is off.

Not sure what issue people are having with Reaper though ?

Are you sure you have automatically resize plugins windows up n down ticked in prefs ?
Last edited by bungle on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duh

bungle wrote:Just an FYI, the CPU usage is a fair bit higher in v2 vs v1, even when HQ is off.

Are you sure you have automatically resize plugins windows up n down ticked in prefs ?
Yes, but maybe it's only a Windows issue, as Tony already mentioned IIRC; from the screenshot it seems you are on Mac...

- Mario

Mac at home yeah, will test on windows when i get to the studio, but i never had this issue with MJUC or VU on windows.
Duh

bungle wrote:Just an FYI, the CPU usage is a fair bit higher in v2 vs v1, even when HQ is off.
Yes, the resizing issue is only present on Windows and only when making the GUI smaller.

Re. CPU usage:
comparing each mode with similar settings and HQ on in SDRR 2 (which represents the old SDRR1)
the new version doesn't really use much more CPU here.

a few figures from Reaper on macOS on my MBP:

TUBE:
SDRR 1: 0.44%
SDRR 2: 0.39%

DIGI:
SDRR 1: 0.32%
SDRR 2: 0.35%

FUZZ:
SDRR 1: 0.51%
SDRR 2: 0.44%

DESK:
SDRR 1: 0.27%