Blue Cat Audio Late Replies (delay plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Late Replies

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
dreamvoid wrote:Found out myself by using the demo: no surround/multi channel capabilities ... :-(
Indeed - since the delays heavily rely on stereo capabilities (panning etc.), a surround version would probably be be quite different.

By the way, the MB-7 Mixer plug-in is also mono or stereo only. Surround is only supported by PatchWork, because it was designed from the ground to be a "universal" host, whereas the other plug-ins are more likely to be used on mono or stereo tracks.
Yes, I confused MB-7 with PatchWork in this regard. But anyway - a surround version of Late Replies would be fantastic.

Yes it would indeed be fun - but it requires a bit a work to manage effects spread across channels properly...

Thanks for this wonderful fx guys, thats the delay ive been waiting for years !! (although i didnt know i was :p)
Could you consider adding a reverser fx ?
I know we can load any vst inside, but i would trust an internal one more (stability / automation etc)

Cheers
Last edited by geoslake on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glad that you like it! :tu:

We are indeed thinking about a reverser - it's tough, though, as it should be kept fully in sync with the delays.

Regarding automation, hosted plug-ins parameters can be mapped and then automated in the host, so it should not be an issue!

Yeah i guess it may require more latency maybe ?
I tried the Gvst plugin inside of LR but wasnt convinced...
Yeah I know about mapping, still i dont feel confident at all hosting a plugin inside a plugin :)
Looking forward to see this implemented in the future then, good luck !

geoslake wrote:Yeah I know about mapping, still i dont feel confident at all hosting a plugin inside a plugin :)
Well, we have been doing this for years with Patchwork and the MB-7 Mixer and it usually works pretty well, except for a few plug-ins/host combinations. The included effects in Late Replies are also very similar to plug-ins, except that they are built inside (including Late Replies itself).

Return to “Effects”