Unfiltered Audio SpecOps: Available Now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Standalone

btw turns out it's all your plugins - just hadn't been a problem until I got this new keyboard. And it only happens with midi over USB, over MIDI it's OK (which is a workaround but a bit inconvenient)

aMUSEd wrote:Standalone

btw turns out it's all your plugins - just hadn't been a problem until I got this new keyboard. And it only happens with midi over USB, over MIDI it's OK (which is a workaround but a bit inconvenient)
What model is the keyboard?

thelizard wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Standalone

What model is the keyboard?
I'll PM you

Was jamming with SpecOps this morning just running a string pad through it, and at one point I thought "whoah, I should have been recording that." Went back and tried to replicate what I'd done, with at least some success :D

https://soundcloud.com/starthief/scalar

Soarer wrote:Yeah I think it's great that people contribute with demos. That's what makes a great musicians community here at Kvr, IMO.
Yup, me to.
This plugin only gets more and more intriguing the more I hear.

This is one of Steve's:
https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... io-specops

foosnark wrote:Was jamming with SpecOps this morning just running a string pad through it, and at one point I thought "whoah, I should have been recording that." Went back and tried to replicate what I'd done, with at least some success :D

That's why I wish it had randomization setup using a saved randomization seed, like Glitch 2. You still get true randomization, but this allows for replayability.

dangayle wrote:
foosnark wrote:Was jamming with SpecOps this morning just running a string pad through it, and at one point I thought "whoah, I should have been recording that." Went back and tried to replicate what I'd done, with at least some success :D

That's why I wish it had randomization setup using a saved randomization seed, like Glitch 2. You still get true randomization, but this allows for replayability.
+1000 I wish it had this option too !

dangayle wrote:That's why I wish it had randomization setup using a saved randomization seed, like Glitch 2. You still get true randomization, but this allows for replayability.
I wasn't so much concerned with the randomization, as with what I tweaked manually over several minutes of playing :)

Since we're listing feature requests, how about a new preset handling system. While I appreciate the desire to have all the parameters on one screen, this means you have to have a drop down menu for presets. This makes for a lot of mousing around when you are selecting/changing presets. The next/previous buttons help, but only when you a exploing. I would be so glad for a second screen that lets me see/select/manage presets. Multi column preset screens work the best for me.

Come on, just do it! It would be so good. All of your plugins would thank you for it!
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

krankyone wrote:Since we're listing feature requests, how about a new preset handling system. While I appreciate the desire to have all the parameters on one screen, this means you have to have a drop down menu for presets. This makes for a lot of mousing around when you are selecting/changing presets. The next/previous buttons help, but only when you a exploing. I would be so glad for a second screen that lets me see/select/manage presets. Multi column preset screens work the best for me.

Come on, just do it! It would be so good. All of your plugins would thank you for it!
Great minds think alike!
I was hoping for a preset browser below the modulator section, similar to how the modulator section can be hidden and revealed.

Using SpecOps to bring out the snare on a finished mix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGulIbx ... e=youtu.be

SteveWZ wrote:Using SpecOps to bring out the snare on a finished mix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGulIbx ... e=youtu.be
Thx - Haha, sounds like 90's pr0n background music. I mean... I have been told ;)

As for seeded randomization:
+1 !
Everyone who implements randomness should use a seeded random function. Beside all random bliss it allows for deterministic outcome... We win something and don't lose anything.
It's usually simple to replace the random func by a seeded/an own one (just take what you need from whateverhash[seed + input]), then just add the seed thing to the UI somewhere.

Question for the Unfiltered Audio guys - hope you see this.

I'm a bit confused on the relationship between the FFT window size and the 'frequency bins' metric that's mentioned about things like the Spectral Compander. Now, I may be showing my ignorance on the FFT process, but I always thought that the window size was just the number of samples that are fed into the Fourier transform to process at a given time in order to extract the frequency content. In multiple places in the Spec Ops manual it seems like this same number is directly translated to the resolution of analyzed frequencies. Is that really the case?

Also, if the Spectral Compander is duplicated for each frequency bin, does that mean that the attack and decay may respond differently within different parts of the same signal? Is the Compander the only effect within Spec Ops that is duplicated like this?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Strauzzie wrote:Question for the Unfiltered Audio guys - hope you see this.

I'm a bit confused on the relationship between the FFT window size and the 'frequency bins' metric that's mentioned about things like the Spectral Compander. Now, I may be showing my ignorance on the FFT process, but I always thought that the window size was just the number of samples that are fed into the Fourier transform to process at a given time in order to extract the frequency content. In multiple places in the Spec Ops manual it seems like this same number is directly translated to the resolution of analyzed frequencies. Is that really the case?

Also, if the Spectral Compander is duplicated for each frequency bin, does that mean that the attack and decay may respond differently within different parts of the same signal? Is the Compander the only effect within Spec Ops that is duplicated like this?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!
1) Yes, there are more detailed answers to a similar question here:
https://dsp.stackexchange.com/questions ... quency-bin
It is the number of samples used, and the number of evenly-sized frequency bins.

2) Each bin in the Spectral Compander has an independent compander. Each compander uses the same control settings. However, each compander reacts to that bin's current amplitude. So, the attack and decay are identical per bin, but each compander may be in a different state depending on the input. Most of the rest of the effects inside of SpecOps act on their entire region simultaneously. I would say the Compander section is the only one where it can be thought of as a bunch of duplicated effects.

Return to “Effects”