A new Eventide / Newfangled Free Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQuivocate

Gotta say, Elevate is sounding very nice as well.
Nice job Dan, Definitely will buy...

pekbro wrote:Gotta say, Elevate is sounding very nice as well.
Nice job Dan, Definitely will buy...
Agreed. I was testing it out on a track tonight just cycling through mastering presets and was impressed just with those. This is an instant buy for me.

Neon Breath wrote:Thanks so much for offering this plugin for free! Can't believe you guys just give it away like that. Very nice and precise surgical tool. Feels like a scalpel for audio!

Question: are the users with the free licence will be eligible for updates just like regular paying users?
Absolutely!
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

DGillespie wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Thanks so much for offering this plugin for free! Can't believe you guys just give it away like that. Very nice and precise surgical tool. Feels like a scalpel for audio!

Question: are the users with the free licence will be eligible for updates just like regular paying users?
Absolutely!
Very nice. Thanks again.

By the way, I suggest to all the people who first thought when seeing the plugin in the forums: ''meh, just another EQ plugin...'' ...Wrrrrrrrong! Don't be fooled by its name or main purpose. This thing is much more than just an EQ. Especially when you start solo'ing a bunch of bands and start messing around the number of bands, this plugin can really be a creative sculpting tool. Actually, Richard Devine's presets are good examples of this. Sounds can drastically & dramatically change with it. Great plugin, love it already after only couple hours of experimenting :tu:

Love it, no problems...but I'm having trouble reading the frequency values (bottom of the band columns) even with reading glasses on. For instance 3011K looks like 301K (the last 1 gets buried by the K)...similarly with Hz.

I'm getting huge memory usage with the VST and VST3 versions. EQuivocate appears to be eating a few MB of RAM every time transport is started. This does not happen with the AU version.

^ This is in REAPER v5.51/64 on macOS 10.10, holding the spacebar down.

cfillion wrote:I'm getting huge memory usage with the VST and VST3 versions. EQuivocate appears to be eating a few MB of RAM every time transport is started. This does not happen with the AU version.

Oh, interesting, I'll definitely look into this.

Thanks,
Dan

goldglob wrote:Love it, no problems...but I'm having trouble reading the frequency values (bottom of the band columns) even with reading glasses on. For instance 3011K looks like 301K (the last 1 gets buried by the K)...similarly with Hz.
Thanks for the feedback, I've had some requests for rescalable UIs, maybe I can address these both. I'll have to look at it.

May I request a pretty GUI while you're at it? Thanks. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:May I request a pretty GUI while you're at it? Thanks. :)
One My Little Pony color scheme coming up!

Ooo! I want a grayscale color scheme please... :tu:

DGillespie wrote:
Aloysius wrote:May I request a pretty GUI while you're at it? Thanks. :)
One My Little Pony color scheme coming up!
:wheee:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

DGillespie wrote:
cfillion wrote:I'm getting huge memory usage with the VST and VST3 versions. EQuivocate appears to be eating a few MB of RAM every time transport is started. This does not happen with the AU version.

Oh, interesting, I'll definitely look into this.

Thanks,
Dan
Can confirm this behaviour in Reaper on Windows 10..between 6 and 7 Mb added with every press of play here. Plug removal or Reaper restart is the only way to clear the ram.

Not stopping me from enjoying using this immensely though :D

Not sure if anybody has asked this so far but Dan, any chance of an interface update to allow left click & drag to solo multiple bands at once? It's a bit of a pain having to shift click each one at the moment. Even shift + click selecting all bands between the two that were clicked would be a welcome improvement!

Congrats on this and Elevate by the way; demoing Elevate today and pretty sure I'm not going to be able to resist hitting the purchase button for much longer...

Hez wrote:Not sure if anybody has asked this so far but Dan, any chance of an interface update to allow left click & drag to solo multiple bands at once? It's a bit of a pain having to shift click each one at the moment. Even shift + click selecting all bands between the two that were clicked would be a welcome improvement!
+1

Would improve the workflow alot!

Return to “Effects”