A new Eventide / Newfangled Free Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQuivocate

Neon Breath wrote:
Hez wrote:Not sure if anybody has asked this so far but Dan, any chance of an interface update to allow left click & drag to solo multiple bands at once? It's a bit of a pain having to shift click each one at the moment. Even shift + click selecting all bands between the two that were clicked would be a welcome improvement!
+1

Would improve the workflow alot!

+2

Hez wrote:Not sure if anybody has asked this so far but Dan, any chance of an interface update to allow left click & drag to solo multiple bands at once? It's a bit of a pain having to shift click each one at the moment. Even shift + click selecting all bands between the two that were clicked would be a welcome improvement!

Congrats on this and Elevate by the way; demoing Elevate today and pretty sure I'm not going to be able to resist hitting the purchase button for much longer...
No-one has, but I just added it to the feature request list, and I think it's a good idea.

FYI, the feature request list is getting kind of deep, so we'll have to see when I can get to it.

Dan
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

DGillespie wrote:

Congrats on this and Elevate by the way; demoing Elevate today and pretty sure I'm not going to be able to resist hitting the purchase button for much longer...
No-one has, but I just added it to the feature request list, and I think it's a good idea.

FYI, the feature request list is getting kind of deep, so we'll have to see when I can get to it.

Dan
thank you! :tu:

Does this mean that Dan no longer works for Eventide?

Stollmeister; Why are you talking about him in 3rd person, he was just answering a post here today lol
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

shroom81 wrote:Stollmeister; Why are you talking about him in 3rd person, he was just answering a post here today lol
Stollmeister does not know and agrees that it was weird.

Stollmeister wrote:
shroom81 wrote:Stollmeister; Why are you talking about him in 3rd person, he was just answering a post here today lol
Stollmeister does not know and agrees that it was weird.
:lol: :lol: Sometimes we just do weird shit without even noticing :D
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Stollmeister wrote:Does this mean that Dan no longer works for Eventide?
My role there has changed. I'm no longer an employee, but I still consult for them on a regular basis and am working on some really cool things with the rest of the DSP team (all of whom are great!), and day to day plug-in stuff has been taken over by Tom Longabaugh (who's been working on the plug-ins for several years, and who you've probably seen over on the Eventide forums).

You're not the first person to ask the question, though, so we did a little blog post on the Eventide site.
https://www.eventideaudio.com/blog/gest ... d-eventide
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

DGillespie wrote:
Stollmeister wrote:Does this mean that Dan no longer works for Eventide?
My role there has changed. I'm no longer an employee, but I still consult for them on a regular basis and am working on some really cool things with the rest of the DSP team (all of whom are great!), and day to day plug-in stuff has been taken over by Tom Longabaugh (who's been working on the plug-ins for several years, and who you've probably seen over on the Eventide forums).

You're not the first person to ask the question, though, so we did a little blog post on the Eventide site.
https://www.eventideaudio.com/blog/gest ... d-eventide
Thanks!
Sounds like the best of both worlds.

Has anyone seen a Windows vst3 for Equivocate? Perhaps I picked the wrong options in the installer but I can't do side chain in Cubase without it. Still testing elevate. To me it has a 'multi-band' sound, unlike DSM v2 but that probably isn't a good comparison since elevate is doing way more, in a different way.

yeh uis Cabase users could do with a vst3 option

Keith99 wrote:yeh uis Cabase users could do with a vst3 option
You must have missed something, I have the vst3 version installed.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Here is a very very very minor quibble ...
In the plugin name exposed to the DAW you have "Newfangled Equivocate" instead of just Equivocate. If that's actually the name of the plugin then never mind. But, if the name is Equivocate, it is much better to have shorter names for plugins in various windows of a DAW.

Again, super minor nitnoy thing.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Keith99 wrote:yeh uis Cabase users could do with a vst3 option
You must have missed something, I have the vst3 version installed.
Just did a search of my machine to prove you were wrong and found you were right! Somehow my Cubase is not choosing the VST3 version over the VST 2 but now I know it is there I can likely fix it

SJ_Digriz wrote:Here is a very very very minor quibble ...
In the plugin name exposed to the DAW you have "Newfangled Equivocate" instead of just Equivocate. If that's actually the name of the plugin then never mind. But, if the name is Equivocate, it is much better to have shorter names for plugins in various windows of a DAW.

Again, super minor nitnoy thing.
Also... when I first installed it, I couldn't find it in my long list on Logic. I verified it was in my Component folder (mac AU). so I went through each of the over 100 manufacture menus in the effect drop down in Logic and finally found it. it was under Newflanged Audio, not Eventide. There was nothing in the manual about this. very annoying. Releasing it as Eventide I expected it to be under Eventide so putting under another name should have resulted in some instructions in the manual. or better yet, put it under Eventide (like PA does with Unfiltered Audio etc). Annoying.

Return to “Effects”