Ozone 8 & Neutron 2 announced for October 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Standard Ozone 8 Standard

I'm looking forward to buy Ozone Advanced, but this thing in damn expensive. 399 USD still feels like too much :(
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Any upgrade from Advanced to Advanced 8 is on offer $149 thru October.Normally $199.

Hmmm, not worth it for me, think I'll wait til 9 or some other super offer that cones along.

Difference between 7 and 8....as far as I can tell.

The introduction of 'Master Assistant' allowing you to reach an optimal starting point for your master (smart pre-sets)
Track Referencing, a Spectral Shaper to tame problematic frequencies, (more EQ)
Improved signal processing, and refinements to the user interface and workflow (tweaks)

An easy pass for me on 7 Advanced, looks more like a point update (or an urgent need for cash!) as there really isn't anything substantial or new here that I can see.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Even as a big fan of Ozone 7 Advanced (and moderate user of Neutron Advanced), I agree with everyone above who is saying that $300 seems awfully high for the upgrade for current owners. I'll leave it to Izotope to figure out their optimal pricing strategy, but at $200, I probably would have just gone ahead and done it (albeit with a lot of grousing).

man, i am still super happy with Ozone 4 LOL
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Yeah $200 for sure would be great, 100 dollar for each update - I'm definitely unsure at the $300 (+ I seem to remember them adding VAT on top for us folks in the UK)

samsam wrote:Any upgrade from Advanced to Advanced 8 is on offer $149 thru October.Normally $199.

Hmmm, not worth it for me, think I'll wait til 9 or some other super offer that cones along.
The upgrade price is a bit high. I'll wait for a better price or just don't upgrade... I also haven't upgraded RX3 Advanced. Why upgrade when it does everything I want it to do?

Way to expensive, pass
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

kiezum wrote:
samsam wrote:Any upgrade from Advanced to Advanced 8 is on offer $149 thru October.Normally $199.

The upgrade price is a bit high. I'll wait for a better price or just don't upgrade... I also haven't upgraded RX3 Advanced. Why upgrade when it does everything I want it to do?
To make Izotope richer.

First impression is I don't think there's very much value in the upgrade, compared to MPB1 & 2, where I received several new products as well as substantial upgrades.

Would have expected the Upgrade from Music Production Bundle 2 to be around $99 on sale, and $150 when not. $299 "on sale" is unreasonable for what is offered.

Can wait until Ozone 9/Neutron 3 unless an awesome knockdown price comes along (as came along for MPB upgrades in the end.) If it was creative tools rather than production tools, then I would be interested.

Like, if it was a package update of new versions of Breaktweaker, Stutter Edit, Iris and maybe even Phatmatik Pro etc, I would be excited and prepared to jump on an early upgrade price.

Updating mixing/mastering tools which are already perfectly fine isn't the same thing. Although there must be more money in it for Izotope to concentrate on the production tools, as they always seem quick to abandon the creative plugs.

Disgusting upgrade prices - they can get stuffed

Those upgrade prices are nuts.

MogwaiBoy wrote:
audiosabre wrote:Bit weird that they're skipping to Neutron 2 when it's only had a single update, but whatever needs to be done to progress the platform, I guess. Looking forward to it.
A couple of years ago there was quite a stir about this same release behaviour regarding Ozone.
Now we know the deets and pricing, seems like some things never change :hihi: :x

Return to “Effects”