Airwindows ADClip7 FIX: AU, Mac and PC VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tp3 wrote:Nope, I do !
I'm working on a bugfix somebody found, stay tuned. There is another explanation for why it's annoying you, something that changed which I didn't spot at first. I suspect I can fix it, and fix it quick, by backing out the failed feature.

OH FOR F…

Here, try it now ;P ADClip7

Yeah, it turned out to be not difficult to completely fix the waveform problem, seeing as it was a VERY STUPID mistake that was super obvious and I didn't even have to adjust what I'd added: the new stuff was not a problem, turns out. It had LEFT OUT two key lines of code that caused that altered behavior. Put them back, like in ClipOnly, and now everything works as it should.

I guess this means 'rushing to try and get people their ADClip7 right away after doing the massive bugfix update of absolutely everything' was well intentioned but super dumb. I will try to get at least ONE day (weekends included) where I'm not doing 1000 things, before seriously plugin-coding again. With luck it won't even delay anything, but being in a rush is apparently bad mojo.

Awful sorry. Must have confused people who knew older ADClips, and disappointed the hell out of people who'd only heard about it.

Try it NOW. Love ya. ADClip7

jinxtigr wrote:
bungle wrote:
bungle wrote:Response to which other loudness maximizer ?
Im eagerly awaiting more info too ?
Oh, all right :lol: it's FG-X that does the 'store up excess energy and put it back into the audio somewhere else' thing. Nobody else did that first, and that's why FG-X 'shatters' when pushed too hard. I had to implement it in a completely different way, as Fabrice does things in a totally different way than I do, but the basic concept is solid. Pretty much whether you're limiting or clipping you save up the energy and stick it back into the audio, perhaps as subs fill, or using 'Haas effect' to mask the onset of higher-frequency stuff (an initial sound will cover up a quick echo, but the echo will boost the overall loudness).

So that's the one time that I 'emulated' Slate, and it's pretty funny that it's like the one time Slate hit upon something that really truly wasn't just 'emulating' some hardware company's IP :D
I wish i hadnt asked now, my low opinion of Slate products is nearly as over the top as Slate himself, well when i say nearly, how could anything be nearly as over the top as the clown prince of the audio world lol
Duh

Don't let it worry you. I'm not even in the same business as him anymore, but I do have to respect the cleverness of 'rearranging clipped-off energy' in FG-X. You might well prefer the way I do it: since it's just the general concept there's no reason I can't do 'that sort of thing', but it was definitely Fabrice and Slate who showed up with it first. I remember them insisting clippers were dead just when I turned up with the first ADClip.

3DClip was when I'd worked out what was happening, and started developing what would eventually be ADClip7. It really is a worthwhile trick when handled right. Nobody else was doing anything like it. If I'm not mistaken, to this day it's still only the ADClip line and FG-X. I think I've fixed more bugs in the versions I've done since then :)

Thanks for noticing I'd done a bugfix. Please tell me how you like the newly fixed version. Again, you can like the way I do it better, but this trick is only done by me and Fabrice Gabriel so far as I know. I'm happy to explain it to other devs, though. If you like, ADClip7 can be first to be opensourced so other opensource devs can learn how I do it and work up their own variations on the theme. :D

Hi Chris...
ADClip7 (Au format Reaper 5.70 OSX 10.9.5) in Gain Match Mode dont Match the Gain ...
Can you check this please?

It seems like the last update still suffers from the CPU leak bug.

Windows 7 64 bits
Reaper 5.7

heavymetalmixer wrote:It seems like the last update still suffers from the CPU leak bug.

Windows 7 64 bits
Reaper 5.7
That's weird. I've just checked the code and it's got the denormalization fix.

Are there any other plugins doing it? Maybe it's something else? I'm using Win7 myself.

jinxtigr wrote:
heavymetalmixer wrote:It seems like the last update still suffers from the CPU leak bug.

Windows 7 64 bits
Reaper 5.7
That's weird. I've just checked the code and it's got the denormalization fix.

Are there any other plugins doing it? Maybe it's something else? I'm using Win7 myself.
For now it's the only Airwindows plugin with this problem in my case.

Btw, I had the last ADClip7 included in the "NewUpdates" zip, maybe it's not updated in that package?

heavymetalmixer wrote:Btw, I had the last ADClip7 included in the "NewUpdates" zip, maybe it's not updated in that package?
How is it now? I updated it.

jinxtigr wrote:
heavymetalmixer wrote:Btw, I had the last ADClip7 included in the "NewUpdates" zip, maybe it's not updated in that package?
I checked a few days ago and, yeah, both are the same version. Sadly I don't know how to reproduce the bug, I just remember that I was playing a lot with the Boost control and then started moving Soften and Enhance a little (in that order), everything in the "Atten" mode.

heavymetalmixer wrote:
jinxtigr wrote:
I checked a few days ago and, yeah, both are the same version. Sadly I don't know how to reproduce the bug, I just remember that I was playing a lot with the Boost control and then started moving Soften and Enhance a little (in that order), everything in the "Atten" mode.
Huh. I do know it has all the denormalization stuff. So you mean there was a time when it started munching all the CPU, but the thing is you can't get it to do that again? (or show me how to do it)

That at least is a relief. I mean, if you can't get ADClip7 to do it twice, that suggests that it's mostly still useful and behaving itself. Maybe it will never munch excessive CPU again :D

jinxtigr wrote:
heavymetalmixer wrote:
jinxtigr wrote:
Huh. I do know it has all the denormalization stuff. So you mean there was a time when it started munching all the CPU, but the thing is you can't get it to do that again? (or show me how to do it)

That at least is a relief. I mean, if you can't get ADClip7 to do it twice, that suggests that it's mostly still useful and behaving itself. Maybe it will never munch excessive CPU again :D
Exactly, and I hope it never happens again. Still, I'll put attention when I use it to see if there's a pattern to make it happen.

Hey Chris can you check another bug, please?
AU format in Reaper 5.70 OSX 10.9.5 mode match dont match the gain.

ronaldsifontes wrote:Hey Chris can you check another bug, please?
AU format in Reaper 5.70 OSX 10.9.5 mode match dont match the gain.
Is this the known Reaper bug where the menu items are off by one? I can't change that without breaking it for all other DAWs. Is it that the first two settings are the same, then there's the gain match (?) and clip only is inaccessible?

Return to “Effects”