DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vortifex wrote: Unless I'm mistaken, the hardware doesn't actually have manual attack and release settings, so there are no values to snap to.
Exactly that, it's just the value of Dave's most average T4B.

DaveGamble wrote:Can I just check btw... how are you currently getting pops out of it?

The 2A model was the worst offender, and the GR jumpstart appears to have fixed that. Are any of the other models still creating pops in 1.02? I can try and jumpstart the other modes.

Dave.
I personally have only noticed the loudness issues anymore, but there's a bug report posted here about a burst:
3ee wrote:While playing with v1.02 yesterday I encountered a strange bug with the DMG model.

I was experimenting with large amount of RMS size 200-300, heavy gain reduction like more than 20dB and auto make-up gain and on tweaking some parmeters (the knee IIRC) had very loud sound burst which triggered Reaper's auto-mute option and (not sure how loud the peak was but I have set Reaper to auto-mute tracks that go above +12 dBfs)

The make-up slider disappeared from the GUI and came back once I reopened the window

added: ... can't seem to reproduce the bug, will keep trying and let you know if something.
I really don't want that to happen to my ears if the volume is turned up.

^it happened only once... and twice it wasn't nearly as loud... only a few dB bump with the 2A IIRC. It seems to be related to the auto gain feature (I always had it on makeup and not output if that helps). I'm sure Dave will fix it :) .. we just have to help find it if we want it sooner.

Vortifex wrote:
3ee wrote:anyway, I think I found a bug is the attack/release sliders in 2A mode ... while alt+drag ... it sets the controls to their default value (what ctrl+click is already doing) instead of snapping to values.
Unless I'm mistaken, the hardware doesn't actually have manual attack and release settings, so there are no values to snap to.
You must be thinking of the 2k bus only, which has snapping values...

Anyway, the rest of the models which have a min/max line do have this snapping behavior implemented except the 2A which I mentioned as a bug... was talking about that, I know the LA2A doesn't have manual attack/release :D

2A potential something:

with sine-sweep test, level increases dramatically past 15k somewhere, especially noticeable if brightness parameter all the way up.

bug:

SC HPF: if active, after playback is stopped, wait a few seconds and CPU usage rises more than the model actually uses and keeps that value. Bug present in all models that feature the SC HPF

3ee wrote:bug:

SC HPF: if active, after playback is stopped, wait a few seconds and CPU usage rises more than the model actually uses and keeps that value. Bug present in all models that feature the SC HPF
Great job 3ee ! Hope all this bugs gets fixed. But since 1.00 up to 1.02 is been day and night for me at least.
Great job Dave and Krzysztof. :tu:

bought, probably will be my go-to compressor :hyper:
.. just waiting for the imminent update and we're good to go!

last day to take advantage of the 10% off intro price...

3ee wrote:2A potential something:

with sine-sweep test, level increases dramatically past 15k somewhere, especially noticeable if brightness parameter all the way up.
Indeed. That's what Brightness is adjusting. Weird huh?

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

3ee wrote:bug:

Great spot - denormals bug. Will kill :)

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Just to remind folks, the first month discount on TrackComp ends tonight!

^^^^
Oops, too late ;)

Anyway, from the review in cm#252: 10/10 and the cm Performance and Value awards
4 classic compressors and a cut-down Compassion
Flawless analogue emulation
Wide range of compression styles
Very easy to use
Zero latency
:tu:
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Is the entire length of the e-channel attack value essentially like hitting the fast/slow attack button on the channel? Or do I have to aim for 3ms / 30ms for that?

Anyone else experience crashes , when double clicking value field ( number box appears ) and without entering a value then clicking anywhere on the gui --> crash
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I think it would be nice if there'd be option to scale the UI a little bit larger. I run Equilibrium on "Large", the TrackComp UI scale looks pretty small in relation to that (not that I want trackcomp to be exact size of large equilibrium , but I mention it just to give an idea what sort of UI size I'm used to).

Return to “Effects”