Black Rooster Audio releases the VPRE-73

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THE VPRE-73 IS AVAILABLE!

The VPRE-73 plug-in is inspired by one of the most classic preamps in recording studio history. While streamlining the original processor, we did our best to bring you an authentic emulation of the discrete preamp circuitry and audio transformers, but also retained the famous high shelf filter band. The VPRE-73 provides you with the low-end magic, the high-end sparkle and just the right amount of THD required to recreate a unique and classic vibe.

The VPRE-73 will be available in VST/AAX/AudioUnits as a limited time offer for only $19 and a regular price of $29.
The offer will be available until the end of November, 2017.

Please visit BlackRoosterAudio.com for further info.

FEATURES

AUTHENTIC SOUND

Our real time SPICE type component based circuit simulation approach allows to authentically capture the sound and feel of the analog counterpart in all nuances. Every crucial part of the circuit, including the input and output audio transformers, the discrete preamp circuit, as well as the HF shelving filter band have been faithfully modeled.

SSE2 OPTIMIZED CODE

DSP operations are pipe-lined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures highest possible performance operation despite very complex computations.

AUTO-ADJUSTED OVERSAMPLING FOR MAXIMUM AUDIO TRANSPARENCY

Aliasing artifacts are efficiently attenuated using a low latency linear phase Dolph-Chebyshev poly-phase design. The oversampling is auto adjusted to your session‘s sample rate to save valuable CPU power while offering the most transparent sound possible.

HIGHDPI / RETINA SUPPORT

All our plug-Ins support high pixel density on Mac OSX and Windows to bring you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays. Please refer to your manual to find whether your DAW is HighDPI capable if you‘re working on Windows.
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

This is going to be one of those plugins you can't be without if you want to make your sound more analog-like. Pushing gain around 54 gives you a creamy saturation while shaving off a couple of dBs from the peaks.
Just don't forget to use the right mouse click for linked operation which works like autogain, bringing the trim level down.
It's easy if you know how

At that price I just purchased it without even trying it.. :hail:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

:dog:

shooting pink noise through this gives really weird results, like the device is unstable...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:shooting pink noise through this gives really weird results, like the device is unstable...
NOW I'm interested. :hihi:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Just a heads up that once you buy a Black Rooster Audio plug-in, you’re stuck with it.

They don’t allow license transfers.

simmo75 wrote:Just a heads up that once you buy a Black Rooster Audio plug-in, you’re stuck with it.

They don’t allow license transfers.
Good to know...
I know it's gonna sound a bit superficial but I really don't click with this purple gui at all. :roll:

:?

That´s against the German law...and they are from Germany, right?

Endor-8o8 wrote:Good to know...
I know it's gonna sound a bit superficial but I really don't click with this purple gui at all. :roll:
Yes, I was thinking the same until the moment I tried it and now it doesn't bother me at all.

Lesha wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:Good to know...
Yes, I was thinking the same until the moment I tried it and now it doesn't bother me at all.
It is the 'silk' edition after all... purple is a silky colour. I cannot explain it but it actually reminds me of Miami Vice and the 80s neon for some reason. :D

Interesting that the colour of the TRIM knob has been robbed of all of it's saturation. Alright this GUI geek is now going to check out the sound! Great reports so far! :phones:
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

Endor-8o8 wrote:I know it's gonna sound a bit superficial but I really don't click with this purple gui at all. :roll:
Just a hint:
https://www.google.bg/search?q=purple+u ... 00&bih=779

jens wrote:At that price I just purchased it without even trying it.. :hail:
Don't forget to use the voucher code on the home page to get it for $15 which is pretty awesome. The plugin sounds great too.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

sfxsound3 wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:I know it's gonna sound a bit superficial but I really don't click with this purple gui at all. :roll:
Just a hint:
https://www.google.bg/search?q=purple+u ... 00&bih=779
My daughter loves the frontplate!
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

Burillo wrote:shooting pink noise through this gives really weird results, like the device is unstable...
Try lower than -14 dB, it should work.

Here is the frequency spectrum

Return to “Effects”