Plugin that turns my humming through a microphone directly into MIDI notes ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lets say I am humming or singing a tune and I want to convert that melody idea into midi notes.
Is there a simple vst plugin that will do a convert into MIDI notes in my DAW?

(I have a free sonic analyser that might do it, but thats standalone software, and I think I'll have to save the WAV file and then process it. A vst that goes from mouth to MIDI note would be nice.)

I guess you could use Ableton's audio to midi for that.
Waves Tune might be able to do it also.

Imitone, but it is not easy to use because you have to sing very precisely...
I have given up, you can buy my license :hihi:

If you captured the audio, maybe Melodyne Essential could convert it to MIDI.

G

I use Melodyne for this all the time. Sing an idea into my phone and save it as an MP3. Then load the MP3 into my DAW and convert the audio to MIDI. It is not perfect but works reasonably well.

Reaper reatune has a side channel midi output
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

It's "better" IMO to use the voice as a pitch carrier signal directly into a synth. That way, it's possible to apply envelope following and glissando directly. There's a few ways to do it, the easiest being timing the zero crossings of the recording.

yeah melodyne essentials does it... as long as it is not polyphonic
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

camsr wrote:It's "better" IMO to use the voice as a pitch carrier signal directly into a synth. That way, it's possible to apply envelope following and glissando directly. There's a few ways to do it, the easiest being timing the zero crossings of the recording.
Input into a synth? Sounds interesting. I wonder if Avenger will accept an audio input... not sure where to look, but I'll try and explore that.
I also have Reaper, and one post above talks about Reatune, so thats another thing I can look at too. Thanks all.

Apratim wrote:Reaper reatune has a side channel midi output
Would you like to show an example how to do that?

Distorted Horizon wrote:
I found this. Have yet to try it, but I'll post it for you to ponder.
I used this work instruction:Step by Step:
1-Add ReaTune to the FX of the audio track you want "convert" to midi.
2-Inside Reatune check "Send MIDI events when pitch changes"
3-Go to the "I/O Routing" of the Audio track. Route it to the track where you have your midi synth, under "SENDS": Route ONLY the MIDI data "All channels to All channels". In the Audio combo box route "None to Channel 1/2"
4-Go to the "I/O Routing" of the MIDI Track. Select the Audio track in your "RECEIVES" (if you did the previous step well, it is done automatically)
5-You are done.

Tip 1: If you want, you can select an specific midi channel instead of all them.
Tip 2: You can put GSNAP or any other AUTOTUNE in the fx sidechain before REATUNE, to make more easy for REATUNE to recognize the pitch of your audio.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=5222

Bansaw wrote:
camsr wrote:It's "better" IMO to use the voice as a pitch carrier signal directly into a synth. That way, it's possible to apply envelope following and glissando directly. There's a few ways to do it, the easiest being timing the zero crossings of the recording.
Input into a synth? Sounds interesting. I wonder if Avenger will accept an audio input... not sure where to look, but I'll try and explore that.
I also have Reaper, and one post above talks about Reatune, so thats another thing I can look at too. Thanks all.
By "input" the voice has an amplitude envelope and a pitch signal (which has many ways, some easier than others, to get). It could control the amplitude and pitch of an oscillator.

This doesn't sound practical. Have you actually done this? If so, what was your set up.

Bansaw wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:
I found this. Have yet to try it, but I'll post it for you to ponder.
I used this work instruction:Step by Step:
1-Add ReaTune to the FX of the audio track you want "convert" to midi.
2-Inside Reatune check "Send MIDI events when pitch changes"
3-Go to the "I/O Routing" of the Audio track. Route it to the track where you have your midi synth, under "SENDS": Route ONLY the MIDI data "All channels to All channels". In the Audio combo box route "None to Channel 1/2"
4-Go to the "I/O Routing" of the MIDI Track. Select the Audio track in your "RECEIVES" (if you did the previous step well, it is done automatically)
5-You are done.

Tip 1: If you want, you can select an specific midi channel instead of all them.
Tip 2: You can put GSNAP or any other AUTOTUNE in the fx sidechain before REATUNE, to make more easy for REATUNE to recognize the pitch of your audio.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=5222
Thats how its done. didn't thought about using autotune before reatune in the voice channel
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Effects”