Bigrock 64Bit crashes Cubase

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had some crashes of Cubase 7.0.4 64Bit and after looking to the crash logs, every time the module "bigrock.dll" is the error module name (Exception code ec000041d), so it seems there is some serious problem with Bigrock. I have version 1.07 installed which is Afaik also the latest version.

The complete crash description (German)

Code: Select all

Quelle
Cubase 7

Zusammenfassung
Nicht mehr funktionsfähig

Datum
‎29.‎05.‎2013 20:35

Status
Nicht berichtet

Beschreibung
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung:	C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 7\Cubase7.exe

Problemsignatur
Problemereignisame:	APPCRASH
Anwendungsname:	Cubase7.exe
Anwendungsversion:	7.0.4.2182
Anwendungszeitstempel:	5183e345
Fehlermodulname:	bigrock.dll
Fehlermodulversion:	0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel:	4e072dae
Ausnahmecode:	c000041d
Ausnahmeoffset:	000000000001e079
Betriebsystemversion:	6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.103
Gebietsschema-ID:	1031
Zusatzinformation 1:	1d17
Zusatzinformation 2:	1d176f30f1cc8d27727f93f2693bfa7f
Zusatzinformation 3:	2969
Zusatzinformation 4:	2969b9ea35e1ba5e4959efda50622b76

Hi, 4damind,
yes, we're already aware of it, we're on fixing it along with sone other tiny bugs and there will be an update soon, which applies for the CL Series too.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Thanks Nick, nice to hear this :tu:

Uninstalled Bigrock, it's unfortunately not usable this time it crashes now Cubase sometimes if inserting the Plug-in.
Hopefully the bug fix will come very soon, I need this Plug-in for my work :cry:

We're still on it, there is one rare but nasty bug, which prevents us from releasing it.

Are there some news for the long-awaited updates? ETA, maybe September?

4damind wrote:Are there some news for the long-awaited updates? ETA, maybe September?
The bug is tracked, but it seems hard to fix it. It's very rare, and in this particular area we would have to change a lot of things that are't easy to do, in order to not fix one problem, but introduce another. This also applies the cl series. But we are still on it with priority.

Still no updates :(

Btw. is this bug only with the 64Bit versions?

6 month later and still no update to have a working 64Bit version :roll:

2 years later.. and still no update plan to fix the 64Bit version??

4damind,
does it occur for you only in Cubase or in other hosts as well? Have you checked it on other versions of Windows, with other drivers, etc? As the dev. said, it's a very rare bug, so maybe if you change some other variables, it won't occur for you this time.

I hope Artsacoustic is not dead, just too busy to respond!!!

The 64 bit version crashes Studio One also. I stopped using it.

toothnclaw wrote:4damind,
does it occur for you only in Cubase or in other hosts as well? Have you checked it on other versions of Windows, with other drivers, etc? As the dev. said, it's a very rare bug, so maybe if you change some other variables, it won't occur for you this time.

I hope Artsacoustic is not dead, just too busy to respond!!!
I have it only tested with Cubase and because it 's the only (!) plugin of all my 64Bit plugins which crashes the DAW while loading, there must be some problem with their 64Bit implementation.
But IMO over 2 years is long enough to find and fix such a bug?

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer. AA is out of business except they are still selling their plugins to unsuspecting new customers.

Frantz wrote:Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer. AA is out of business except they are still selling their plugins to unsuspecting new customers.
The moderators here are: alex at artsacoustic.com, oliver at artsacoustic, nick at artsacoustic. They haven't posted since September 2013. Alex and Nick have the 'last visited' section of their profiles disabled, Oliver has last visited on 08 April 2015.

If they're out of business they can't still be selling plugins or have a registered company. Maybe it would be more accurate to say that they're no longer developing their plugins, or providing support - temporarily (I hope so!!!) or permanently.

It would be nice if they issue a statement, to let their current and potential customers know what their current situation and plans for the future are.

Return to “Arts Acoustic”