Are you up for a mastering challenge?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'll give it a go too if you'd like to make it an even dozen!
shanecgriffo@hotmail.com

is there a specific time limit ?

shanecgriffo wrote:i'll give it a go too if you'd like to make it an even dozen!
shanecgriffo@hotmail.com
Sorry, I had to draw the line somewhere. I let the 11th one in because they contacted me so close to the same time as the 10th. Please come back and vote when I post the different versions though.

Regarding a time limit. I don't really have one set. If I were to set one, I would like to see most if not all completed within a week, two weeks at the latest. Does that work for everyone?

thats a pity , i usually charge $450 per hr for my mastering work!

:D just joking!

this weeks works for me =)

I should be done today, all things being equal. I have a throat infection, so I can't od much other work today.
Please understand that this is coming from someone who quotes Terry Pratchett - Melkor

hackenslash wrote:I should be done today, all things being equal. I have a throat infection, so I can't od much other work today.
Don't feel rushed. I am very flexible, and there isn't any incentive for finishing quickly. So, take what time you need.

I hope you feel better soon.

this week is okay ...

Time for an update...

I am really having fun with this. Thanks to everyone who has put in so much time into this project, it really shows. I have received 6 of 11 mixes so far. I have to say, I am quite surprised at how drastically different some of them are. It will definitely make for some interesting voting.

Here is who has completed theirs...

Shy
pearldivers
hackenslash
expitronic
haudegen
7kilo

Still to come...

JCM
ngarjuna
Zsolt
NEKRO.MACHINE
Nokenoku

IMPORTANT - TO ALL PARTICIPANTS:
1. If anyone wants to make changes to their entry, that is fine as long as it is sent to me prior to my posting of the vote thread. (I will give warning in this thread)

2. If anyone would like me to give detailed personal feedback, prior to posting the vote thread, I am more than willing to do so via PM or email. I will not assume you want my opinions, so you will have to ask. Just PM me.

3. If you are submitting a mix, I do hope that each of you intend to give detailed, constructive, and inoffensive feedback on as many of the other entrants mixes as possible. At the very least, please cast a vote for someone else's work (much like the monthly contest). I believe having the same song to work with, puts you all on a level playing field in a way. This should encourage greater depth to the discussions. (let me know if this doesn't seem reasonable)

How much time do we still have?
Haven't das the time to finish it the last days and don't know if I can do it tomorrow.

Only have to fix one issue yet ... should be done on saturday/sunday.

Nokenoku wrote:How much time do we still have?
Today is the one week mark. I would be more than pleased if I had the rest by a week from now. So, you are fine. Thanks for checking.

Update....

It has now been exactly 2 weeks since we started on this. I have received almost every entry and they are sounding great. I am just waiting on two more. (you know who you are :) ) Please don't feel rushed, take as much time as you need, within reason of course.

For those of you who have sent me wav files only --- I plan on posting mp3's for the purposes of voting. You are welcome to encode your own mp3 and send it to me, but you don't need to. I can take care of that for you. I will be using the "lame" encoder at either 160k or 192k (haven't decided yet). If you do decide to encode your own mp3, please show consideration to the size of the file (i.e. 320k is a little excessive IMHO).

Thanks again for everyone's involvement. I hope you are excited as I am to move to the voting stage. :D

I'll send you a mp3 version later, looking forward to it ! thx

This sounds like a lot of fun. Mabey KVR should have more "events" like this. Or is there ? :ud:

Return to “Production Techniques”