Your favourite way to increase a short sample finishing in an abrupt, unwanted stop

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sendy wrote:Bidirectional loops :)

You can also give any sound "infinite sustain" by convolving it with white noise. Tends to bring out a certain sound, but it's a cool effect.
I'm not really clear on what this is. Sounds interesting though. Can anyone give a brief step by step on what to do here?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
Sendy wrote:Bidirectional loops :)

You can also give any sound "infinite sustain" by convolving it with white noise. Tends to bring out a certain sound, but it's a cool effect.
I'm not really clear on what this is. Sounds interesting though. Can anyone give a brief step by step on what to do here?

Cheers
-B
I would be interested in that tutorial too :) The description is somewhat enigmatic :?:
Fernando (FMR)

not sure but having some single hits like kicks cut off not on zero crossing creates clicks and is annoying, either cut at zc or apply fade out volume does the trick
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

arkmabat wrote:Hide/mask it with something else playing at the tail end.
Gunshot followed by shellcase drops sound imo.

I have no experience with convolution,
but what Sendy means by bi-directional looping is, I think,
taking the body of the sound, and repeating it-
alternating the direction. This way you don't need to be on zero to loop it.
You could do this for however long, and put a fade out over it.

Personally- I have used huge reverbs and delays

Return to “Production Techniques”