3D Sound in FL Studio

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do I achieve a realistic 3D-imaging/sound in FL Studio?

I have good string libraries, but no matter which libraries I use, whenever I plug them into FL Studio, they do not sound like the demos on youtube, where they have propper 3d imaging of the sound, some kind of surround-sound only with stereo...

How do I achieve this in FL Studio?

What kind of imaging plugins are you currently using? Or are the strings supposed to have "surround-sound" without any effects?
Also check if there's a description on the demo's mentioning other processing plugins used in the demo.

Reverb :)

Please, make me a video of you inserting Kontakt with your strings library into 5 different DAW's and using the same MIDI notes in all of them without changing anything in Kontakt and then persuading anyone how the sound is different.
I just want to hear how your strings will sound more 3D in Logic or Cubase by default than they would sound in Reaper, Studio One or FL Studio, or whatever.

Just do it, I want that DAW too which will make my sound libraries to sound 3D by default.

mediumaevum wrote:I have good string libraries, but no matter which libraries I use, whenever I plug them into FL Studio, they do not sound like the demos on youtube, where they have propper 3d imaging of the sound, some kind of surround-sound only with stereo...
Could you post a link to the video you referenced?

Creating a stereo soundscape is about understanding the physics of sound relative to the tools we have in DAW's. ie delay, reverb, eq, compression, and mid-side. With those tools you can put a sound anywhere in space, and with automation you can move that sound through that space too.

You need plugins like:

dearVR Pro (expensive but very good)
Ambeo Orbit (free and good, has a Width parameter for stereo input signals)
Freedom Audio 3D (somehow cheap)
Panagement (cheap and somehow good)
O3A Core Plugins (free and very, very useful)
Oculus Spatializer (free, ideal for computer game audio: virtual reality)
IEM Plug-in Suite (free and very good)

Return to “Production Techniques”