Incompatible with Macs?

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's another request for Mac versions of your instruments. And for my part, I'd just as soon NOT see them as Kontakt Player instruments. I much prefer the Engine player. But either way, if your instruments are as good as your Windows users say, it seems you're missing a big chunk of the market by not having Mac versions available.
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

looks like they have a new engine platform for the chinee orchestra, Qin Engine. hopefully they will extend to the mac platform with this.

Kong audio stuff is pretty much the only thing i miss from the Windows days, i'd love it on my current OSX platform. i think Kong audio should take the crossing under serious consideration, it does require investing, probably even more than i realize, but i honestly believe crossing over to the mac platform will pay itself back very soon.

chinee orchestra sounds fantastic, btw, albeit it's out of my price range.

is there something seriously wrong with this page for anyone else??

http://www.chineekong.com/chineeorchestra.html

sopulurn wrote:Kong audio stuff is pretty much the only thing i miss from the Windows days,
+1

Absolutely true !!!!!!!!

8)

Krakatau wrote:
sopulurn wrote:Kong audio stuff is pretty much the only thing i miss from the Windows days,
+1

Absolutely true !!!!!!!!

8)
+2
"It dreamed itself along"

Please please, make Kong MAC AU compatible !!!

I think you're yelling into deaf ears. ;-)

Apple is big in China - but only if by Apple you mean iPhone and iPad.

Mac users are few and far between - probably only a couple of million… ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:Apple is big in China - but only if by Apple you mean iPhone and iPad.
I think there may be the odd sub-contractor too.. ;)
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

Spitfire31 wrote:I think you're yelling into deaf ears. ;-)

Apple is big in China - but only if by Apple you mean iPhone and iPad.

Mac users are few and far between - probably only a couple of million… ;-)

/Joachim
Hmmm...maybe so, but if the folks at Kong Audio perceive their principal market to be in China, it's curious that the Kong Audio website is in English. That leads me to believe that they've recognized that there is a significant demand for their products outside China, and they've obviously gone after that market.

So, while I don't dispute your assertion that Mac users are a relative minority in China, I'm not sure that explains why the Kong Audio guys are leaving all the Mac user money on the table in the rest of the world. Perhaps it's because they just don't believe that the Mac market will return enough to justify the cost of developing a Mac version. That's a point I'm not willing to argue. It's their business decision to make, not mine.

All I can do is add my voice to the chorus of those who have money to spend on Kong Audio software...if they ever get around to selling an OS X compatible version. Meanwhile, my money is going elsewhere.
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

fizzicist wrote:…while I don't dispute your assertion that Mac users are a relative minority in China, I'm not sure that explains why the Kong Audio guys are leaving all the Mac user money on the table in the rest of the world.
My guess (of course, I don't know) is that the worthy gentlemen of Kong Audio are firmly rooted in the Windows environment (which is more or less 'free of charge' in China - I don't think that anybody really pays for Windows OS…) and they probably don't even know any capable domestic devs for the Mac OS.

My wife is mainland Chinese, so I'm not just assuming that 'free', counterfeit software is generally more of a rule than an exception. I'm not suggesting that Kong Audio belongs to the freeloaders, but 99 percent of their domestic customers probably do.

The Mac is a premium luxury for the moneyed in the PR, so accomplished Mac OS music devs are probably rare as the proverbial hen's teeth.

I fear that we won't see any Mac Chinee Kong instruments in the forseeable future.

I don't even know if Kong has fixed the new engine yet so that it's finally compatible with (Windows) Live. If they do, I could at least use my suona, et cetera, in my Bootcamp Win 7 partition…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:I fear that we won't see any Mac Chinee Kong instruments in the forseeable future.

/Joachim
OK...that makes much more sense. Thanks for providing that additional info. I suspect you've probably nailed it.

Actually, my original attraction to Kong was the fact that they appear to have a killer erhu. As it turns out, the fine folks at SoundIron have advised me (privately) that they're planning on doing an ehru....not the "Street Ehru" loops library they currently sell, but a real deep-sampled erhu. Their other instruments are first rate, so I'd expect nothing less from their erhu.

Based on all the rave reviews I've seen by the folks who've used the Kong Audio stuff, it's too bad that they don't have a Mac version, but they're not the only game in town. If they don't (or can't) create a Mac version, sooner or later someone else will step in to fill the void.

I am also interested in a mac version, but i believe it will never happen. :(
I know it is a big effort to translate all the plugins to osx, but i see a market on them.

As somebody else mentioned in another post, about 90% dont buy any software in china, so i am guessing the big market is not china. And outside China MAc OSX users are increasing more and more, so it would be a step forward!

senecax wrote:... about 90% dont buy any software in china...
If that's really true, their culture is doomed. Any civilization in which theft of intellectual property is so widespread is inherently unstable. When everyone knows that every time they create new stuff if will just be stolen, no one has any incentive to innovate. If there's no innovation, there's no progress, and if there's no progress...well, the rest is history.

Anyhow, the Kong Audio folks are apparently not counting on China as their primary market. They must be comfortable with their assumption that the Mac market isn't worth pursuing. Fortunately, there are many other developers who know otherwise. :D

Return to “Kong Audio”