Incompatible with Macs?

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Am I understanding correctly, all the Kong software is incompatible with macs?
Or is it saying those are requirements that apply specificly to Windows based systems? Sorry if these seem like really obious questions. :? :dog:

These plugins are made using Synthedit, which is Windows only. This means porting to Mac OSX requires rewriting the plugins in some sort of a programmiong language (e.g C++).
By the way, the KVR database is a quick way to check platform compatibility etc.
CubaseStudio4 µTonic/Rapture Nitro/GS-201/Ohmicide/TBK 1&3

To be exact, the plug-ins are not incompatible with "Macs" - they're incompatible with Mac OS!

I'm running the Pipa and the Suona on my Intel MacBook Pro - on a Windows XP partition, though... ;-)

Here's to hoping that they'll be ported to OS X some day!

/Joey

Guys I LOVE your stuff! So PLEASE port it to Mac OSX! :D

Another vote for a Mac port.

Puhleeze?

Lets be realistic to kong guys.Mac is tooo difficult 4 them.Atleast make them work on muse receptor.Come on kong pls take this as a personal request from a faithful user who has put his money on ur fantastic plugins.......

1880csanjay wrote:Lets be realistic to kong guys.Mac is tooo difficult 4 them.Atleast make them work on muse receptor.
Realistic? :D

How many potential Receptor customers do you figure compared to potential Mac customers?

Especially now that many developers follow the trend of porting to Mac (nu-softing [Modelonia, i.a.], genuinesoundware [VB3, MrRay 73 Mk II and others], Rayzoon [Jamstix promised for Mac]), etc.

/Joey
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Mac AU.

Pleeeeease!

I so much want to buy these plug ins...

(and what the hell is muse receptor?)
Signature blocked until somebody convinces me they aren't utterly pointless

The plugs from them I have tested run seamlessly on my XP partions (one via Sun's Virtual Box (freeware) on 10.4.11, the other via VMware fusion on 10.5.6).

Yep, another mac vote here!
I think they should release a kontakt version, so that they don't have to bother about development and can focus on the sounds :)

I agree that it would be great if all the Chinee Kong instruments were to be ported to Kontakt format. Then they would be truly cross-platform and there would be no need for different formats for PC and Mac.

Also, the sophisticated scripting options in Kontakt would offer the possibility to make the instruments even more expressive and playable.

However…

If the instruments were to be released as pure Kontakt libraries, they would be very easy to pirate. An alternative would be to release them as locked Kontakt Player instruments. But then, our hardworking friends at Kong Audio would have to pay a rather hefty license fee to NI.

No easy choices for a small developer. But I do hope that a good solution can be found, because the instruments are truly worth a wider audience.

Best,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

:cry: [size=0]...mummy i want it for my mac !!!!!!!![/size]

+1

I miss my Kong Audio Stuff since I shifted to Mac.
Please make your products also available for OSX.

Ray

Me too, when i switched over.

Return to “Kong Audio”