Time Signatures In Fl Studio

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

woggle wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
woggle wrote: and if FL want to cater for them then fine.
That's the point, and being successful, promotes room for improvement and additional market share.
Dunno about promoting improvement - for some maybe but not so much for existing users - and no use to me at all. I would be concerned about opportunity cost, there will be quite a bit of overhead in developing and maintaining the time sig thing and that will take away from what to me are more fundamental issues eg lack of auto crossfading on overlapping audio clips
:?: Auto crossfading is implemented. You can enable that in the sampler.

Another example of a hardcore FL user who doesn't know what's implented already. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

woggle wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
That's the point, and being successful, promotes room for improvement and additional market share.
Dunno about promoting improvement - for some maybe but not so much for existing users - and no use to me at all. I would be concerned about opportunity cost, there will be quite a bit of overhead in developing and maintaining the time sig thing and that will take away from what to me are more fundamental issues eg lack of auto crossfading on overlapping audio clips
I think that IL are at a crossroads with existing lifetime upgrade users and the need to fuel their flattened cash flow by the lifetime policy.
This is why, I think, they need(?) to expand their user base demographic with these kinds of un-FL features requests in order to add new cash to their lifetime financial graphic.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

exmatproton wrote:
woggle wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
Great, but how? if I drop audio clips into the playlist and overlap them there is no crossfading other than basic automation clips or this very simple fixed length envelope system (is that what you are thinkning of?)
But crossfading like Reaper or Sonar or Samplitude doesn't seem to be available

eg https://youtu.be/1hETaycChzE?t=3m46s

liquidsound wrote:
woggle wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
I think that IL are at a crossroads with existing lifetime upgrade users and the need to fuel their flattened cash flow by the lifetime policy.
This is why, I think, they need(?) to expand their user base demographic with these kinds of un-FL features requests in order to add new cash to their lifetime financial graphic.
could be right - apparently they are introducing time sigs in the next version

woggle wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
woggle wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
could be right - apparently they are introducing time sigs in the next version
Knowing the incredible flexibility of FL I wonder what kind of twist this feature is going to add over other DAWs :phones:

murnau wrote:Another example of a hardcore FL user who doesn't know what's implented already. :lol:
Cheap :P

woggle wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
woggle wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
Great, but how? if I drop audio clips into the playlist and overlap them there is no crossfading other than basic automation clips or this very simple fixed length envelope system (is that what you are thinkning of?)

Sure. It is a different system. It is more like a declick option. Reaper has way more options indeed.

exmatproton wrote:
woggle wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
woggle wrote:
liquidsound wrote:

Sure. It is a different system. It is more like a declick option. Reaper has way more options indeed.
yes, not really an autocrossfade in the way other DAWs talk about crossfading

exmatproton wrote:
murnau wrote:Another example of a hardcore FL user who doesn't know what's implented already. :lol:
Cheap :P
ah so that's what murnau wrote - I have that user blocked as they just seem to me to be an opinionated blowhard. That comment is a good example, I'm not a hardcore FL user and I did know what was already implemented so murnau is wrong on both counts but is probably incapable of understanding that - perhaps following the dictum "what you don't know only makes you stronger"

liquidsound wrote:I think that IL are at a crossroads with existing lifetime upgrade users and the need to fuel their flattened cash flow by the lifetime policy.
Why do you think this? Interested to know. Anyhow...

We are doing it because it has to be done not as a reaction to market forces. As you may not have noticed, we are working through a list of (staple to all DAWs) missing feature list. You just got Real-time Stretching. Much more to come.

In 2016 our sales were at a record high, as has been the case every year for the last 18 years and explains why we are still in an expansion phase. We hired 3 additional full-time developers for FL Studio last year and it's one reason why FL Studio for macOS is going to land this year.

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

That is great to hear Scott! Good luck in 2017!
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote:That is great to hear Scott! Good luck in 2017!
I have mentioned this here several times at KVR before (re the sky is falling due to LFU), but DAW software with paid-for update licenses, the percentage of sales that come from upgrade purchases, in any 12 month period, is about 20-25%.

Upgrade income is not as important as many people seem to think.

Most people buy DAW software once in their life and never upgrade, upgrade only a few times in total, or end up churning after an upgrade or two.

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Obviously as i see that FL Studio only get bigger and bigger every year. You guys deserve the fame of course. I think the way how IL handle it can't be that wrong then. :)
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Image-Line wrote:
liquidsound wrote:I think that IL are at a crossroads with existing lifetime upgrade users and the need to fuel their flattened cash flow by the lifetime policy.
Why do you think this? Interested to know. Anyhow...

We are doing it because it has to be done not as a reaction to market forces. As you may not have noticed, we are working through a list of (staple to all DAWs) missing feature list. You just got Real-time Stretching. Much more to come.

In 2016 our sales were at a record high, as has been the case every year for the last 18 years and explains why we are still in an expansion phase. We hired 3 additional full-time developers for FL Studio last year and it's one reason why FL Studio for macOS is going to land this year.

Regards Scott
Kind of a deduction based on several visits in numerous forums etc.
I'm glad to hear that your last year was record high!
Probably those users are more busy making music than wasting time on forums on therapy.... :help:
I own FL since.... Reason v2.5 time line.
Can get it yet :oops: .i hope v13 will do it for me.

Will the Steps/Beats also being shown as standard Note Values?

Thanks for the Sytrus new interface. My favorite FM synth.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”