Bitwig (!/?)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

also in the newsletter they say beta-tests will start soon and some of the subscribers will get the invite.

check out their website, got updated too

Wow this looks very, very promising! :love:

Cheers
Dennis

Looks awesome! Here you can find more info.

"32/64 bit VST support
Use your beloved VST plug-ins. In case of a plug-in crash, a protective mechanism prevents the application from crashing and you from losing your work."

http://bitwig.com/bitwig_studio.php

Do I see a penguin? It runs on Linux? Top right of this page. :?: :?: :?:

Nice. Let the DAW whores start douching... :lol:

christianmusicmaker wrote:Do I see a penguin?
Yes you do...

LawrenceF wrote:Nice. Let the DAW whores start douching... :lol:
:hihi:

Can't wait to try this :)

Cheers
Dennis

UncleAge wrote:
christianmusicmaker wrote:Do I see a penguin?
Yes you do...
Impressive. Thought someone might have cut and pasted the Specs from another website. :hihi:

Seriously though...not a bad start at all. Looks so much like Ableton. Over on the Abes forum they are saying it has features Live users have wanted for some time. Interesting times. :wink:

Looks great! I hope I'll be able to afford it, I didn't see any mention of the price.

hrm. it looks like ableton live got raped by flstudio and rainbows.

i'm surprised actually that ableton hasn't tried to stop this from happening. it looks like live 9. i wonder how many key people left the abes around version 8 time, and this is why a v9 hasn't come (partly)? As the right people are no longer on the bus?

hrmmmm....

It looks fantastic, I wonder how much it will cost?

It can be great : it looks a bit like a cross-over between ABleton + Ext2 + Reaper, so now let's see if it also behaves "better" than those 3 (and the price tag is also a quite big question : ABleton is 10 times more expensive than Ext2, for instance).

Could be the design while terribly similar to Live, is something Ableton will allow as part of some agreement they got into when the BW guys left. Maybe The BW guys (or some of them) designed the Live UI we know today. :shrug:

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if Ableton guys started to beg BW guys for aquiration of some kind. From my perspective BW would do hell out of a Live 9. (if it's as good as it looks) If nothing is going on in Ableton, their collab would be pretty smart thing actually.

Could be a nice crossgrade transition away from Ableton. Then again, Ableton might be reborn and what was Ableton Live, and now is Ableton Dead, could become Ableton Undead. Interesting times ahead.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”