Just noticed this "new" free sequencer : Macaw

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok i can get my head around this one,in the sequencer how do i add audio to the tracks?

its quite different from other sequencers :shock:

To insert audio files :

1)Menu File/Import Audio. This will import audio files in a "library".
2)Menu Track/Audio Channel Tracks or Track/Audio Blaster Tracks.
2)Right-click on a created audio track and choose New Clip. Tick the box "Make Audio Clip" and choose your audio file through the drop down list.

funkadil wrote:Is there a topic on Universal yet? It works in every other sequencer I have tried, and has to be the deepest, most interesting free synth I have ever used.
No I don't think there is a Universal topic yet but I am sure you are going to create one considering your enthusiasm. :wink:

eidenk wrote:To insert audio files :

1)Menu File/Import Audio. This will import audio files in a "library".
2)Menu Track/Audio Channel Tracks or Track/Audio Blaster Tracks.
2)Right-click on a created audio track and choose New Clip. Tick the box "Make Audio Clip" and choose your audio file through the drop down list.

thanx eidenK :D

i have some bad news about universal... i have been working my way around it for the last few days and i have found that it doesn't seem to sync to host tempo in either podium or reaper using either the built in sequencer or the looping modes in the multipoint editors - it drifts out quite quickly. i have also experienced frequent host crashes (reaper + podium) when using the multipoint editors in general. it produces an unusual crash in that it seems to affect the graphics of the host - moving various bits of the interface to a different part of the screen or white'ing (is that a word?!?) out most of the screen before it crashes.

i wonder if the synth is still in development?

perhaps it is a vista specific thing?

spitboxer wrote:Quick question with Universal, when loading a default patch, how the heck do you turn off the vibrato effect that defaults to the mod wheel? It's driving me nuts trying to find out where it's coming from. :shock:
Anyone? :help:

BSOD on launch for me. :(

TristezaOrange wrote:BSOD on launch for me. :(
Yeah, that's windows. It's actually a feature built into windows to teach stress management skills.

Sorry couldn't resist.

hseiken wrote:
TristezaOrange wrote:BSOD on launch for me. :(
Yeah, that's windows. It's actually a feature built into windows to teach stress management skills.

Sorry couldn't resist.
Sure. We all know that when a program crashes in Windows its the OS's fault. When it crashes on other OSes, it's bad programming in the offending program.

Also, Microsoft is the devil.

Also, it sodomizes children.

Also, I just sacrificed a goat to Microsoft whle chanting "Windows 7 7 7, the OS of the beast"

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

:hihi:

Bummer - doesn't seem to recognise WineASIO as an ASIO driver. :(

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Well I sent an email to the dev with a link to this discussion. Maybe he will join us?

i think he was banned from here, or had a huge fight and swore never to return

Universal does graphics to sound too, at least it used to.

Incidentally, the vsts have been free to download and use even when sequencer was payware, it just wasnt that obvious. Im sure Ive posted in a thread at some point about it.

This app has changed name about 6 times over the years and it was always unstable !!

There is quite a few bugs left in all that I guess.

I am systematically crashing the host and sometimes the OS when playing with the mouse in the X/Y pads in Universal for example.

if this had rewire support it would be AMAZING :love:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”