Ocenaudio free audio editor

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks nice,all platforms,vst support with realtime preview and some other nice features...still beta but usable...check it out:
http://www.ocenaudio.com.br/
Request new features and leave some feedback:
http://www.ocenaudio.com.br/feedback

So far I like it, looks tidy too.

Doesn't run at all here XP 32 SP2

Crashes pretty much as soon as it shows the window (due to memory access violation error). Windows 7 64 bit.

Works fine on Win 7 32bit

Leopard version crashes too

Nice look, perhaps a little too minimalist : a toolbar with tools will gain time.
Works on XP SP3, but the spectral view is loooooooooooooooooooooooong to calculate !
And I don't see the option for VST plugins path ?

Gave it a shot, but when I tried to load a 16 bit stereo WAV file, it crashed.
Running XP SP3 ....

acousmod wrote:And I don't see the option for VST plugins path ?
You can''t set it up but it seems to look in three places for vsts, in program files/steinberg/vstplugins which is bad if you've got some steinberg products installed with plugins tied exclusively to them, in the path specified in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST "VSTPluginsPath"= which is almost as bad as the previous and finally in a folder named VST which you must create in the plugins directory of the application which is cool but they should at least mention it somewhere instead of letting the user find out only through forensic examination.

All in all this is a pretty cool and promising free audio editor IMO.

Thanks everyone for using ocenaudio.

We are always working on improving ocenaudio's stability, feature set and user experience.

If you have comments, suggestions or bug report you could leave a message in http://www.ocenaudio.com.br/feedback. All your feedback will help us to make ocenaudio better.

ocenaudio Team
http://www.ocenaudio.com.br

acousmod wrote:And I don't see the option for VST plugins path ?
For the next release of ocenaudio, we will improve the VST plugin configuration.
Xenakios wrote:Crashes pretty much as soon as it shows the window (due to memory access violation error). Windows 7 64 bit.
The VST plugins are loaded in the ocenaudio startup. Some of these plugins may interact with ocenaudio in a way that could make it crash. Perhaps you could try to move some of your plugins to another folder and give ocenaudio another try? Or maybe, in the next release (with VST plugin configuration), you could try to disable them altogether. In this case, we could try to pinpoint the offending plugin and see what is causing this crash.
iU wrote:Leopard version crashes too
The same problem could be also crashing ocenaudio in Leopard.

Works OK on Vista SP3...1.5Ghz Centrino Duo with 4Gb ram.

I'm going to load up some of my heavy hitters on it to see how the CPU takes it.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

As I'm mainly on Mac nowadays, I have a lot of plugins as AU versions. So are there any plans on AU compatibility?

Will try it out later on at home.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:As I'm mainly on Mac nowadays, I have a lot of plugins as AU versions. So are there any plans on AU compatibility?

Will try it out later on at home.
AU support is in our roadmap, but we are still not able to say when it will be ready.

I tried it (Windows 2008 R2 - 64bit) and works great!

It is a very interesting project.

I would love to use it on Linux, which is the platform I use the most, but there should be a distro-independent binary release, and not only packages for Debian and Fedora (I use Arch Linux). Something similar to what is being done by the Ardour team.

Anyway, congratulations for this good software!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”