Ableton shippers jumping off.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, now that bitwig is coming.............

...Live 9 may now end up having a radically new UI :hihi:

haha!

The race is on........

Live 9 vs bitwig...........which will we see first? (I didn't know what pics of cars/trucks would be appropriate.........you guys choose! )

hibidy wrote:(I didn't know what pics of cars/trucks would be appropriate.........you guys choose! )
LIVE

BitWig
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

:clap:

(though I'm not endorsing that the wheels are coming off live)

hibidy wrote::clap:

(though I'm not endorsing that the wheels are coming off live)
A thread is not truly complete without a car analogy. I think it is one of those new laws of physics.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

hibidy wrote:haha!

The race is on........

Live 9 vs bitwig...........which will we see first? (I didn't know what pics of cars/trucks would be appropriate.........you guys choose! )
Bitwig will have to be something exceptional to get me to switch from Live

SJ_Digriz wrote:
hibidy wrote:(I didn't know what pics of cars/trucks would be appropriate.........you guys choose! )
LIVE

BitWig
helping me laugh this hangover away...

No the wheels came off live 8 in the beginning but they have done some good work and helped it back on track. At this point the bug fixes are so few that I think they just decided to head on to 9

One bug fix in the recent beta. Here's to a free 8.5
no purchase until everything goes to usb 3.0 and all hosts are 64 bit!

pdxindy wrote:
hibidy wrote:haha!

The race is on........

Bitwig will have to be something exceptional to get me to switch from Live
you and the rest of the universe of live users :)

live and ableton is very entrenched and so is my muscle memory and allegiance. i think that's same for most of us.

i've a feeling it will come down to bitwig getting sued, or ableton zagging when bitwig is zigging, and we all win.

I gotta kick out of it

:lol:

LawrenceF wrote:Image
An excellent way to avoid ass rape is to use a plugin; 32 or 64 bit will do. :wink:
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

So I am feeling smug about this, right now. I am the last person on the planet to adopt Ableton Live. It has taken long enough to become more fluid with Cubase, so I wanted to not bite off more than I could chew. Hence I waited on Ableton Live, though I was contemplating their entry level Lite version recently. Now I can just wait a little longer and see how Bitwig pans out and avoid all the pain of bugs that Live brings with it (maybe). Interesting times.
My music is a fusion of jazz and funk. It's called "Junk"

I kinda tend to think of it from a glass-half-empty pov, I don't think it's very interesting. Don't get me wrong, there is a ton of killer stuff that I'm really happy with, but it's not interesting. Definitely feel like a plateau has been reached.

ABLETON:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”