Ableton shippers jumping off.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm taking Ableton's silence about Live 9 as indication that theyre really making some significant, positive changes rather than going through the motions of another yearly release with a few extra bells and whistles. That is a good thing. Live is already a great piece of software, bit it could be near damn perfect. I think (hope) Live 9 will see some big changes.

Hey, I'm all for it. I've got 20-30 copies of live lite just BEGGING to be upgraded :oops:

On a serious note, I'm really interested to see if/when/how/why this bitwig thing goes. (edit) and how it pushes/doesn't push the live deal.

LawrenceF wrote:
grymmjack wrote:. What's going to be interesting is when the new school companies like bitwig finally show up with a product (some developers there are ex-ableton).
That little graphic tease is interesting isn't it?
Yes sir. Vedddy intelesteenk.

:)

Word Dean, word... :hihi:

Anyway, I just received the Ableton newsletter and apparently it's our "last chance to save 25% on Ableton upgrades."

Hmmm, do I detect a shiny new version on the horizon? :lol:
"are we there yet?"

i dont think so.

going 64bit + support for convenient warping of variable tempo tunes would be enough for me to justify number 9.

I'd respectfully suggest that 64bit support should be free.
"are we there yet?"

A 'Live 9' Teaser on the Ableton Webpage would be a good indication that '9' is Alive, and well, and will be released during Winter NAMM 2012 !

(I'm getting tired of looking at their discount announcement for version 8

:D
Last edited by Muziksculp on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think they are doing anything as there would be huge OMG gigantic WOW banners and buzz about the air.

Would love it if they shocked the world though :D

Are you cynics suggesting that it's not the last chance to get discounted upgrades then? ;)

(btw the winking smilie in my last post suggested I wasn't being exactly serious either...)
"are we there yet?"

jonnyG wrote:Are you cynics suggesting that it's not the last chance to get discounted upgrades then? ;)
Nope, by then you will be even more certain that Live 9 will be released really soon :hihi:

music making paradise lands somewhere between ableton and reason-PERIOD...anybody on the reapor/cubase/s1 bandwagon are totally missing the fun part about making music,and that is a FACT!
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

damoog wrote:music making paradise lands somewhere between ableton and reason-PERIOD...anybody on the reapor/cubase/s1 bandwagon are totally missing the fun part about making music,and that is a FACT!
Making music? Man, you need to stop sniffing glue........it's about the gear accumulation :hihi:

hibidy wrote:
damoog wrote:music making paradise lands somewhere between ableton and reason-PERIOD...anybody on the reapor/cubase/s1 bandwagon are totally missing the fun part about making music,and that is a FACT!
Making music? Man, you need to stop sniffing glue........it's about the gear accumulation :hihi:
Agreed. Fun? What's this 'fun' business all about? It should be painful, tedious, frustrating, competitive, soul-destroying and, above all, expensive. That's where the real action is. Pffft, fun. :dog:

Live is still toy and user have been requesting the updates. Awkward piano roll, automation timing bug, no dedicated mixer, no smart multicore support, etc. People have been choosing other sequencer because of them.

Atardecer wrote:
hibidy wrote:
Agreed. Fun? What's this 'fun' business all about? It should be painful, tedious, frustrating, competitive, soul-destroying and, above all, expensive. That's where the real action is. Pffft, fun. :dog:
haha!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”