Bitwig Studio announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gpunk wrote:
soehngenetic wrote:An btw I think the price named at dv sounds realistic and suitable. So I don't think it's totally wrong, but it's not officially announced. :)
For a reputable company maybe, for BW , not a chance, will be a struggle to get users at that price :(
In my opinion that has nothing to do with being a reputable company or not. Btw some (if not most) of the BW developers have worked for so called reputable companies before. BW Studio will rise or fall with its feature-set and stability. My comment above implicated the hope that the feature set would be comparable to Lives feature set plus the announced features. But as neither a complete feature list is available nor any other details, that also is pure speculation. So all of us interested people will have to wait until something more reliable will be available than the present official information.

If it will be able to compete with Lives feature set, a price like the mentioned will be absolutely reasonable in my eyes. Look at Live 8 (not Suite): The non Suite version is 349 Euro. And that's what BW Studio will most likely try to compete with philosophy- and featurewise.

However, who wants to use it will have to pay what it will cost. And I think the number of licenses BW will sell will stand in direct relation to the feature list, stability and availability of Live 9.

We should all put $2 into a neutral PayPal account along with our guesses of the demo release date. Whoever gets closest gets all the cash. :hihi:

My guess? June 1.

Or... maybe better... guess how many pages this thread will be at exactly midnight the day before the demo is available.

I say 122. :lol:
Last edited by LawrenceF on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@lawrence: No, I can only pray that somehow I make it on the beta, then we'll see if I can get through some compositions and hopefully a discount (I seriously doubt they are going to just give everyone a free copy.)

One of the better betas I was a part of did it that way. I'm not looking for free (though I know most would)

Well I'm pretty happy with Live 8 + Audition. Bitwig is somewhere down the list in terms of possible extras or switches: Studio One v2 and Digital Performer 8 are currently considerably further up that list, and would I suspect add considerably more to my setup. :shrug:

hibidy wrote:@lawrence: No, I can only pray that somehow I make it on the beta, then we'll see if I can get through some compositions and hopefully a discount (I seriously doubt they are going to just give everyone a free copy.)

One of the better betas I was a part of did it that way. I'm not looking for free (though I know most would)
So you finishing stuff then these days :-o
What the feck has happened to you my friend? :P
Could I get some of whatever you are on. Pretty please?

:hug:

Dean

DV247 are most likely just guessing the price, we need some proper news!

How about patience? :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:How about patience? :)
BW did a facebook note two hours ago. Look at the comments and forget that anyone out there has learned about patience. They need their daily news and rumours that keep them busy - otherwise they would start making music in the end
:wink:

What's that "patience" thing you are talking about? :hihi:
soehngenetic wrote:start making music
What? :hihi:
I thought audio software is there to speculate about it on the intertubes. We are supposed to USE it? :hihi:
That's a strange theory!

Edit:
Back on topic:
Reaper sounds way better than Bitwig!
Reaper uses the latest zero-delay 128bit analog summing engine while Bitwig still uses the old fish engine!

Cheers
Dennis

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:
hibidy wrote:@lawrence: No, I can only pray that somehow I make it on the beta, then we'll see if I can get through some compositions and hopefully a discount (I seriously doubt they are going to just give everyone a free copy.)

So you finishing stuff then these days :-o
What the feck has happened to you my friend? :P
Could I get some of whatever you are on. Pretty please?

:hug:

Dean
Oh gawd no :lol: I'm just saying if I was a beta tester, that is the criteria. How quickly can I go from a to b? Will it be intuitive and allow me to do simple things or is it just the same ol' thing with constant workarounds and endless research just to get something work? I'm pretty host savvy, I mean, I can navigate any, I just find reap to be the least hassle...currently ;)

Are you :nutter: ?

:hihi:

soehngenetic wrote:otherwise they would start making music in the end
That tired/old argument again? :roll: Everyone KNOWS that hosts are for endless tweaking and constantly getting that one sound perfect (while everything else gets ignored)

:D

B!+chwig !!!!!

:hihi:

hibidy wrote:
That tired/old argument again? :roll:
1:0 for you! :hihi: - But you have to be patient with me, I'm old and it's really hard to handle all the things I've learned here the last few hours.

soehngenetic wrote:
hibidy wrote:
That tired/old argument again? :roll: (added smiley so people know it was a joke :) )
1:0 for you! :hihi: - But you have to be patient with me, I'm old and it's really hard to handle all the things I've learned here the last few hours.
fixed.

Oh, the patience thing again hun? (when will the kids learn? :hihi: )

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”