New AudioGL video + Crowdfunding

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I watched the vids and at the end I find my self surprised that with all that amazing Tac-Scan-esque eye candy, it's really the approach to sequencing, synthesis and automation that had me jumping up and down... I love the sequence + automation as part of the preset; reminds me of energyXT-2 clips, actually -- that's a very good thing, BTW :D XT-2 has it's crazy flaws, but the clip system is one thing that it got bang-on.

The 3D approach, when I see it in action, makes so much sense. It will sound like 20/20 hindsight but I honestly have been wishing to see something like that. REally well done. It's so clear when it could have been so messy :)

Quite eager to see this come to fruition. Really exciting days to be making music!

-g
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Being an enormous Glenn Gould fan, I like anything coming out of Toronto.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

BTW, people are spreading the word on Google+ as well.

With a bit of help you can get circles containing hundreds of musicians shared with you (I could probably share about 300 contacts already). It's a great way to get people involved.

Wish you good luck, but you might find it hard to bring a new concept like this to the market and have any success, working on a timeline in most DAWs is pretty damn efficient already ;)

We will see how exciting it will be when it crashes due to graphics driver failure

But seriously - dealing with 2 dimensions can cause some troubles with all the zooming and scrolling and somehow I can't imagine how adding third dimension could improve workflow or efficiency.

Tehnik wrote:We will see how exciting it will be when it crashes due to graphics driver failure.
I don't think so - it doesn't really need a very advanced graphics card. Plus, newer CPUs come with inbuilt GPUs, and AGL uses that (developer's configuration uses onboard Intel X3100 graphics, which is nothing special, or might I say crap).

Tehnik wrote:We will see how exciting it will be when it crashes due to graphics driver failure

But seriously - dealing with 2 dimensions can cause some troubles with all the zooming and scrolling and somehow I can't imagine how adding third dimension could improve workflow or efficiency.
Before you write unfounded opinions please check the specs of his PC...
It seems you lack imagination too :hihi:...seriously
Last edited by soundklinik on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tehnik wrote:We will see how exciting it will be when it crashes due to graphics driver failure

Many great physicist couldn't imagine the usefulness of quantum physics either.

Google+: I'll have to check it out. Mind you, I'm already logging into 12+ sites at the moment to keep in track of things, and putting together an update vid at the same time. Dreaming of the day I can afford a PR guy :)

It's a valid point about graphics, OpenGL is a monster. What I've done is stuck to an older version of the spec, which makes AudioGL comparable to a video game produced in the late 90's, or early 2000's. Essentially, AudioGL will run fine on the computer you already replaced a few years ago. It's new video games, which are always on the cutting edge, that have given 3D graphics a bad rep, with driver issues and the like.

Spaceman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwCOkjFl63A

According to a biography I read, Glenn got a lot of flack for this one. Someone called it "Count Dracula Introduces Toronto."

AGL wrote:Google+: I'll have to check it out. Mind you, I'm already logging into 12+ sites at the moment to keep in track of things, and putting together an update vid at the same time. Dreaming of the day I can afford a PR guy :)

It's a valid point about graphics, OpenGL is a monster. What I've done is stuck to an older version of the spec, which makes AudioGL comparable to a video game produced in the late 90's, or early 2000's. Essentially, AudioGL will run fine on the computer you already replaced a few years ago. It's new video games, which are always on the cutting edge, that have given 3D graphics a bad rep, with driver issues and the like.
I don't know the procedure [edit] looks really simple [/edit], but I'm reasonably confident that you most definitely qualify for a "developers forum" spot HERE. They are free, and it would give you a "home base" (so to speak) to refer other 'sites' to.

Like you, there are many of "us" who simply can not keep-up with all of the myriad "sites", let alone the devs product specific "user forums".

At the top of the page:

http://www.kvraudio.com/developer_application.php

[2c]

I'd be happy to "Moderate" it for you, as I'm sure several others would, also.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

AGL wrote: According to a biography I read, Glenn got a lot of flack for this one. Someone called it "Count Dracula Introduces Toronto."
Hehe, yes, I've got that one. I thought it was great, but then again, I find everything he did great, including his Idea Of the North trilogy.. and not in the least, the tickling of the ivories.. obviously :)

Shabdahbriah wrote:
AGL wrote:Google+: I'll have to check it out. Mind you, I'm already logging into 12+ sites at the moment to keep in track of things, and putting together an update vid at the same time. Dreaming of the day I can afford a PR guy :)

I don't know the procedure [edit] looks really simple [/edit], but I'm reasonably confident that you most definitely qualify for a "developers forum" spot HERE. They are free, and it would give you a "home base" (so to speak) to refer other 'sites' to.

Like you, there are many of "us" who simply can not keep-up with all of the myriad "sites", let alone the devs product specific "user forums".

At the top of the page:

http://www.kvraudio.com/developer_application.php

[2c]

I'd be happy to "Moderate" it for you, as I'm sure several others would, also.
I'd be happy to help out with some pr as well, or even just handle some questions.

Thanks guys. I'll apply tonight.

spaceman wrote:
AGL wrote: According to a biography I read, Glenn got a lot of flack for this one. Someone called it "Count Dracula Introduces Toronto."
Hehe, yes, I've got that one. I thought it was great, but then again, I find everything he did great, including his Idea Of the North trilogy.. and not in the least, the tickling of the ivories.. obviously :)
meh; he used loops.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”