New AudioGL video + Crowdfunding

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:
spaceman wrote:
AGL wrote: According to a biography I read, Glenn got a lot of flack for this one. Someone called it "Count Dracula Introduces Toronto."
Hehe, yes, I've got that one. I thought it was great, but then again, I find everything he did great, including his Idea Of the North trilogy.. and not in the least, the tickling of the ivories.. obviously :)
meh; he used loops.
:x
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:meh; he used loops.
:x
I heard he triggered those loops with an obscure 'algorithmic' sequencer, in Ableton Live, while simultaneously familiarizing himself with the inherent awkwardness of a 'neti pot'... could just be rumour, though.

:P

(I've never heard of the guy, but the piano in the vid, was lovely, btw)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Hey AGL

Those your synths sounds freaking awesome. :clap: They are really really good. Nothing like these old VSTi's what we got. Please make it / them as a VSTi, and sell them. You can collect your needed money this way. I will buy for sure, if you do that. Sorry for my bad english.

Hey Keel, thanks! I've been contacted by a lot of VST developers, and there's likely to be a spin-off some day. But, officially speaking, I'm sticking to the main standalone/rewire program for now.

AGL wrote:Hey Keel, thanks! I've been contacted by a lot of VST developers, and there's likely to be a spin-off some day. But, officially speaking, I'm sticking to the main standalone/rewire program for now.
I love your work, the sound, the gui and features and would pre-order but...no vst no purchase for me. sorry

C-note wrote:
AGL wrote:Hey Keel, thanks! I've been contacted by a lot of VST developers, and there's likely to be a spin-off some day. But, officially speaking, I'm sticking to the main standalone/rewire program for now.
I love your work, the sound, the gui and features and would pre-order but...no vst no purchase for me. sorry
As I understand it, the host itself will support VST instruments and effects after the initial release. The reply you quoted is referring to creating VST's of the instruments and FX that are in the host now ...

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

[edit]
I think I might just pre-order. This just looks like so much fun :)

AGL

One question (more of a feature request): having the option to limit midi note editing according to a selected key would be very handy. Were you considering including music-related functionality like that?

Well, I pre-ordered and am looking forward to getting my hands on the first Win betas. I've got a feeling that many exciting things are going to happen in this project over the next few years.

spaceman wrote:Well, I pre-ordered and am looking forward to getting my hands on the first Win betas. I've got a feeling that many exciting things are going to happen in this project over the next few years.
:tu:
... space is the place ...

Goratrix wrote:
risome wrote:Yes its very different its its approach for an audio app because it generates visuals from the audio + a whole track with 1 oscillator .
So? You can do exactly the same today with AudioMulch, for example. In fact, AudioGL looks much like AudioMulch just with the timeline moved into 3D.
Just saying bro
Cheers
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

AGL wrote:Hello, I'm the developer of AudioGL.

I'm trying to hit up as many forums as possible, although I don't have much time for it!

I think that "what am I trying to solve" is a really important question.

The main thing is to find that balance between a powerful modular synth, without having the synth become a visual programming language (ie: reaktor). Visual programming languages are great, but once you start programming, you aren't writing music anymore. And yet, I still want it to be powerful enough to generate any sound that I can think of.

On top of this, I want to sculpt sound over time, piece by piece, and automation is the way to do this. I'm trying to build an interface that allows me to hammer through 100's of automation lanes without even thinking about it. This idea is very much inspired by AutoCAD, which I've been working with for years. AutoCAD has the best workflow I've ever seen, and it's hard to go back to a DAW after using it.

Finally, the 3D view is designed for quick organization, and quick editing of Automation. Also, the visualization of signal flow. OpenGL & 3D graphics is something that came to me naturally when I started to learn programming, so I incorporated it into the software. Considering that everyone has a 3D accelerator in their computer nowadays, why not put it to work? The skill I gain in this field will go a long way once AudioGL starts focusing on real-time live visuals.

I hope that gives you a better idea of what AudioGL is about! If you have any more questions, let me know.
Hi and all the best with your programming , i feel its going to be awesome :) :)
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

BASSDRIVE wrote:Kind of reminds me of a Reactable. Looks cool, but seems like a headache.
yeah looks far to complicated,good luck with it though
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

"Looks far too complicated..."

Am I the only one who bought a Nord Modular and instantly thought, "man, I wish I had 100 of these, and about 200 extra limbs in order to control them?"

(Ok, I was probably the only one who thought that)

Thanks Spaceman! I'm feeling pretty good about the campaign. A lot of people are waiting till the end to contribute, and I've still got a couple of tricks up my sleeve, so it's going to be a fun ending.

About your question, can you provide an example? Are you talking about being able to select a key (ie: C major/minor) and to be able to work in that key more easily? Personally, I just play melodies with a midi keyboard and quantize, instead of doing too much piano roll editing, so I'm wondering what you mean.

Regarding AudioMulch, I *like* AudioMulch, but it's a little too aimed towards improv/manipulation instead of composition for my tastes.
Last edited by AGL on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

AGL wrote:
About your question, can you provide an example? Are you talking about being able to select a key (ie: C major/minor) and to be able to work in that key more easily? Personally, I just play melodies with a midi keyboard and quantize, instead of doing to much piano roll editing, so I'm wondering..
That's exactly it. I'm starting to know more and more about music theory now, but it's still a great help to be able to work in a key and have that extra guidance. Hosts like Reaper and Studio One have it now (maybe others too) and I'm sure it's helping many folks out there.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”