Reason fanboy's thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IncarnateX wrote:I do not get. Reason 7 has been out for a long time now. Why do people go on babbling about Cubase, Live, Reaper, studio one, Bitwig ect. Why not just buy Reason, the best daw in the world? And plz do not say missing PDC, you can not hear the difference anyway. And the performance of RE is just a question of whether you need 578 of them at the same time and who does?
No VST support? Well who needs them with all the onboard stuff and the REs anyway? Who even needs the REs when you can stick to the combinators and Refills?

Is it simply to have something to complain about on internet forums that make people stay away from the absolutely most superior DAW ever made? :nutter: :roll: :dog: :bang: :shrug: :help:
Are you joking? And regarding the RE thing, please. Please show me a video of a 32 track project using any. Re of your choice, just one per channel, and show me that your dsp still had overhead left. Real world scenario.

so what if it's a cpu hog
it used to be cpu efficient
doesn't that count for everything?

IncarnateX wrote:I do not get. Reason 7 has been out for a long time now. Why do people go on babbling about Cubase, Live, Reaper, studio one, Bitwig ect. Why not just buy Reason, the best daw in the world? And plz do not say missing PDC, you can not hear the difference anyway. And the performance of RE is just a question of whether you need 578 of them at the same time and who does?
No VST support? Well who needs them with all the onboard stuff and the REs anyway? Who even needs the REs when you can stick to the combinators and Refills?

Is it simply to have something to complain about on internet forums that make people stay away from the absolutely most superior DAW ever made? :nutter: :roll: :dog: :bang: :shrug: :help:
Dang, I never thought i'd see a dude who eats more PH and Reason cheese than enochlight congrats!

mr44khz wrote:Dang, I never thought i'd see a dude who eats more PH and Reason cheese than enochlight congrats!
Given the title of the thread, I really hope it isn't a surprise to you that I take this as a compliment. Reason cheese is the best in the world. If you want to insult me, you couldn't be more misguided. :ud:
TheoM wrote:Are you joking? And regarding the RE thing, please. Please show me a video of a 32 track project using any. Re of your choice, just one per channel, and show me that your dsp still had overhead left. Real world scenario.
Come on Theo, Mate. If this really is a problem, just use some of the onboard modules instead. The alternatives are plenty (such as combinators or Refills). REs are just additional gadgets, they are and will never be significant limitations to Reason.

And even if there are small issues here and there, you have to compare these minor issues to the major advantages gained such as the modular environment in general and it's endless possibilities.

And in time, the issues will be fixed anyway. Reason fans need something to look forward to like everybody else even if there are only insignificant problems yet to be resolved.

Poor misguided Reason fanboy's, holding to their "stability" argument. :(
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Alright. Who woke this thread up? :wheee:

Ben H wrote:Poor misguided Reason fanboy's, holding to their "stability" argument. :(
"fanboy's" (what?) or just fanboys? And since I have not put any stability argument forward, maybe you should quote a post in this thread where it is if you will like to make sense.

In addition, since Reason is quite stable, the "argument" is actually valid.

Finally, a true Reason fanboy just loves Reason and need not to defend himself or argue againts anyone to do so. I think you mistake people's reasons for loving Reason with arguments. This thread obviously isn't a debate club, but a thread for fanboys.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben H wrote:Poor misguided Reason fanboy's, holding to their "stability" argument. :(
Well it certainly *used to be* really stable. That obviously changed since they built Record from the ground up and then re-branded it as Reason. The dongle and copy protection system is coded by another company, so I guess they can't be blamed for it, but it is a cause of stability problems/driver conflicts for some. I've had to uninstall it completely now, it just didn't work reliably. A pity, because it was once a beautiful piece of software in so many ways.

headquest wrote:Well it certainly *used to be* really stable. That obviously changed since they built Record from the ground up and then re-branded it as Reason.
Obviously? Heh! I must be the lucky exception to the rule then. Never had a crash in Reason (with or without dongle) and I am on version 6.5. :wheee:

Well if this was true a lot of people would have switched. The fact they haven't tells its own story, surely?

But in case you are serious in your question (which I doubt) then I guess some of the things DAW users would want to see include:

+ A superior sampler. So far as I know Kontakt, HaLion and Mach Five haven't been ported to RE yet (will they ever I wonder, given the rumoured poor sales of RE?) so Reason users are left with the 12-year-old NN-XT ... STILL. And no decent orchestral samples, etc. For a lot of musicians that is a deal breaker.

+ Video support is a must for most semi-serious musicians these days, and is regarded as a pretty basic feature that even freebie and inexpensive starter DAW packages usually include (Cakewalk, Reaper, Magix, Mixcraft, etc) although I accept YMMV.

+ Input/output File formats, uploading to the internet/SoundCloud, etc

+ Professional audio editing

+ PDC, Freeze, etc etc.

There's loads of reasons people prefer one DAW over another. Not everyone thinks the way you think, not everyone produces the niche genres where Reason excels, and not everyone works the way you work.

Also, to switch from one DAW to another, for most people who aren't gear whores with too much time on their hands, is a last resort thing to do requiring either the existing DAW to go badly wrong, or for a new one to be genuinely revolutionary, which Reason at this point isn't - although it has unique features from 10 years ago, at this point each update is just playing catch up with other DAWs in basic areas of music production.

But like I said, I'm guessing it wasn't a serious question ;-)

Tronam wrote:Alright. Who woke this thread up? :wheee:
Guess :troll:

headquest wrote:
Well if this was true a lot of people would have switched. The fact they haven't tells its own story, surely?
Yup. Ignorance.

IncarnateX wrote:
headquest wrote:Well if this was true a lot of people would have switched. The fact they haven't tells its own story, surely?
Yup. Ignorance.
Err. What?

Tronam wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
headquest wrote:Well if this was true a lot of people would have switched. The fact they haven't tells its own story, surely?
Yup. Ignorance.
Err. What?
Either that of the people who haven't switched or mine. Choose the interpretation that fits you.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

IncarnateX wrote:
Tronam wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
Yup. Ignorance.
Err. What?
Either that of the people of haven't switched or mine. Choose the interpretation that fits you.
ooooh... this is gonna be hard :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”