Studio One 3?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

...and is out, PreSonus Studio One 3 is now available, check the press release: Studio One 3
:phones: Music Loops - ProducerSpot.com

Has cpu performance improved?

SeeingInMidi wrote:Has cpu performance improved?
Looks like not really.

EvilDragon, are you saying that from using the demo? Or just that it wasn't mentioned in a press release?

I didn't feel any difference between v2 and v3 really.

Reaper is still king, as far as CPU is concerned, and it's going to take a mighty miracle for any other DAW to overcome it in that area.

CPU consumption vs. Usability ;)
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

Reaper is perfectly usable. And extremely fast, once you mold it to your own workflow, rather than trying to fit your workflow into the one imposed on you.

See, since Presonus is marketing S1 with the sentence "More of everything—except the bloat", I wonder how come CPU usage is not really reflecting that. It's bad enough to feel bloaty. Seems to me that Presonus has a loooot to work on to improve S1 in that particular area...

sorry if this is answered already but theres a ton of stuff to sift through,

regarding ARTIST version, what does this mean?
Support for AU, VST2, and VST3 plug-ins and ReWire applications (Available Add-on)
http://studioone.presonus.com/compare-versions

Artist never supported VST so is this an additional 'in app purchase'? if so, anyone know how much?

(edit) ah:
LawrenceF wrote: Now you can buy VST/AU support for $79
https://shop.presonus.com/products/stud ... ne-add-ons
i'll pass. ;)

As the old S1 v2 Producer was pretty much Artist with MP3 and VST support (and a couple of extra effects...) I guess you could look at the new model as Artist + VST addon = Old Producer. Roughly speaking. Seems that way cost-wise too approximately.

SeeingInMidi wrote:Has cpu performance improved?
I've gone back and forth between projects in V2 and V3. V3 is actually 'slower' here and it's consistent. Higher CPU usage or getting dropouts at the same buffer size.

I'm not sure why yet, other than V3 just being 'slower'.

they should fix in the futur update , i mean it's only 3.0 ...

I've checked a few of my old projects in S3 now. And I didn't notice any significant difference in CPU. So no real improvement there.

Basic interface action is way smoother (dragging clips/loop braces, etc.) - Much like Bitwig. But some strange lag on the buttons of Mai Tai (or whatever it's called). Nice poly synth tho'. But knowing Presonus fixes will be relatively quick.

Some cracking features and a very significant release imo.

I thought Scratch Pad was a bit of a bizarre at first. Until I saw how it functioned. Very slick indeed.

Bundled with a lot of new sound libraries. I'm not too interested in that tbh as I've more freaking samples then I'll ever need. But good for most other people.

Nice Arp!! Finally and some cool 'Note FX' :) Too many features to talk about, as I only upgraded yesterday, and I need more testing.
The way you can now split FX is very powerful. That's going to be class to use.

Is it the best DAW ever? I dunno'... But it's my favorite (then Bitwig).

Fair play to JRR shop by the way. Nice discount price - plus the serial came really fast. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Still waiting for the SN from JRR Shop... (purchased while watching the first live video)
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Bare naked, it definitely uses more RAM too. Those are still small amounts (up to 100mb), but the 50% increase over 2.6 indicates sloppy programming.

On the other hand, it's really something! Haven't played with it much yet, but I like that new features aren't full frontal - only small icons, their minimalist philosophy is still in place while at the same time it becomes more and more of a powerhouse (which it probably already is). What can you not like about it? Also, it's finally not ugly! The colors are decently customizable, slightly more in that direction plus the ability to modify fonts at will would be lovely.

One thing which I don't care about is the new synth, I'd prefer if they polished some already present parts of the software instead of adding stuff that will always be second-hand compared to the top dogs who do synths for a living. It's understandable though from a business perspective as Studio One clearly had one of the worst instrument lines of any DAW and they had to improve on it to get out of the shame zone.

Still waiting for the SN from JRR Shop... (purchased while watching the first live video)
I'm still waiting too, don't worry Uncle E have a huge amount of licence to delivers...
(i contacted him and he explain me that the portal of presonus crash and they have to deliver manually the licence)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”